::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had fun at the regional robotics competition today. The kid who lives across the street is on the team at his high school. They advanced through the preliminaries, the quarter finals and the semifinals, and ended up in the finals. The finals were to be a best two out of three matches.

They lost the first round, but came back and won the second. The last round was to decide the ultimate winner....and they lost by only three points. (Some matches had been a 30 or 40 point spread!)

They have nothing to be ashamed of. They did very well, and almost pulled it off....

I had fun at the regional robotics competition today. The kid who lives across the street is on the team at his high school. They advanced through the preliminaries, the quarter finals and the semifinals, and ended up in the finals. The finals were to be a best two out of three matches.

They lost the first round, but came back and won the second. The last round was to decide the ultimate winner....and they lost by only three points. (Some matches had been a 30 or 40 point spread!)

They have nothing to be ashamed of. They did very well, and almost pulled it off....

I have never been to a robotics competition, but it sounds really cool! When I was a kid, I always wanted a talking robot, like the one in Rocky IV. At least I think it was Rocky IV. In the movie, Rocky gets his brother-in-law, Paulie, a robot for his birthday. At first, Paulie was upset that Rocky didn't get him a Porsche. But, then once he changes the robot's voice to a sexy female's and makes her his maid, he is happy. haha.

I have never been to a robotics competition, but it sounds really cool! When I was a kid, I always wanted a talking robot, like the one in Rocky IV. At least I think it was Rocky IV. In the movie, Rocky gets his brother-in-law, Paulie, a robot for his birthday. At first, Paulie was upset that Rocky didn't get him a Porsche. But, then once he changes the robot's voice to a sexy female's and makes her his maid, he is happy. haha.

I'm convinced I would have loved these robotics competitions as a high school kid. It is part technology, part contest, part social activity, part learning process, and part spectacle.

Unfortunately, virtually NONE of the components of these robots were available when I was a kid....

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and Holy Week begins. I am going to try to unplug from so much computer time. So, I will be scarce for awhile beginning tomorrow . . .

A blessed Triduum to you if I don't see you before then. If you are not busy next Saturday night find an Episcopal Church doing the Great Vigil of Easter. It is magical.

Netflix marathon here.

I'm watching a set of DVDs a friend lent me today. I knew it was all bluegrass music, and that's fine, I like bluegrass. What I didn't expect is that it's also all gospel music....like, heavy-duty, industrial-strength gospel.

I'm trying to just appreciate the music for the music's sake. I told him I'd watch them, and I will. There are some amazing instrumentalists on here....

I'm watching a set of DVDs a friend lent me today. I knew it was all bluegrass music, and that's fine, I like bluegrass. What I didn't expect is that it's also all gospel music....like, heavy-duty, industrial-strength gospel.

I'm trying to just appreciate the music for the music's sake. I told him I'd watch them, and I will. There are some amazing instrumentalists on here....

There is a LOT of crossover between gospel and bluegrass. I wonder if there's any Jewish bluegrass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom