::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my due diligence and perused "out there" but there really wasn't anything to be particularly "aloha" about.

I think the memorization thread will be interesting, once folks start replying. It will be cool to compare.

I did my due diligence and perused "out there" but there really wasn't anything to be particularly "aloha" about.

I am also thinking of doing a song for the seasons this week. It's Waltz theme, but some are doing 6/8 time signature (which is probably my fave). I'm just waiting to see if the host says that is acceptable, and I will record some songs I have been working on.

Rich, how are you liking your new fountain pens? I have been spending WAY too much time watching YT videos about them. Which did you get, again, and how do you like each of them?

I'm beginning to consider mounting a serious effort to improve my cursive handwriting. It is becoming a dying art form, and I feel I should nurture and develop the skill I learned so long ago to help prevent it from disappearing from our culture altogether.

This is all Jon's fault!! ;)

I love my pens, and I'm happily writing with them. With that being said, I'm learning what I like. The toughest part is that there does not appear to be anything approaching standardization-- I currently have three pens that supposedly had medium nibs, but they write three completely different types of lines, from quite broad to quite narrow. There is also whether the pen writes wet or dry-- how much ink is fed to the nib. I think I prefer a wetter pen, and a somewhat heavier line. I'm glad I didn't buy pricier pens, as I really needed to learn what I liked best.

You don't have to spend a lot to get a good pen-- my Pilot is the most expensive of my little menagerie, and cost $16.00. The Skilcraft that Jon recommended is my favorite writer, and cost under $10. On the other hand, the cheap Jinhao pen I got looks beautiful, but is a fussy writer, and not that satisfying. I might put a new nib in it, as it's so cheap, that it's still a good deal with a new nib.

Last edited:
I love my penis, and I'm happily writing with them. With that being said, I'm learning what I like. The toughest part is that there does not appear to be anything approaching standardization-- I currently have three pens that supposedly had medium nibs, but they write three completely different types of lines, from quite broad to quite narrow. There is also whether the pen writes wet or dry-- how much ink is fed to the nib. I think I prefer a wetter pen, and a somewhat heavier line. I'm glad I didn't buy pricier pens, as I really needed to learn what I liked best.

You don't have to spend a lot to get a good pen-- my Pilot is the most expensive of my little menagerie, and cost $16.00. The Skilcraft that Jon recommended is my favorite writer, and cost under $10. On the other hand, the cheap Jinhao pen I got looks beautiful, but is a fussy writer, and not that satisfying. I might put a new nib in it, as it's so cheap, that it's still a good deal with a new nib.

Read that totally wrong

I love my pens, and I'm happily writing with them. With that being said, I'm learning what I like. The toughest part is that there does not appear to be anything approaching standardization-- I currently have three pens that supposedly had medium nibs, but they write three completely different types of lines, from quite broad to quite narrow. There is also whether the pen writes wet or dry-- how much ink is fed to the nib. I think I prefer a wetter pen, and a somewhat heavier line. I'm glad I didn't buy pricier pens, as I really needed to learn what I liked best.

Thanks, Rich. I just may find my way to an Office Max store tomorrow to see what they have. I tried Staples, but didn't find anything. If I have no luck at Office Max, I may try an arts and crafts store. I don't have any other ideas for finding any fountain pens locally.

Is it true, as I've read online, that nibs can be tuned, or adjusted, to regulate the volume of ink flow, creating a wetter or drier writing pen?

Thanks, Rich. I just may find my way to an Office Max store tomorrow to see what they have. I tried Staples, but didn't find anything. If I have no luck at Office Max, I may try an arts and crafts store. I don't have any other ideas for finding any fountain pens locally.

Is it true, as I've read online, that nibs can be tuned, or adjusted, to regulate the volume of ink flow, creating a wetter or drier writing pen?

I find very little at the office supply stores. I got my Pilot Varsitys (disposables) at Staples, but that's all they had. I found the craft stores only have calligraphy pens, which are fun, but probably not what you're looking for.

Inks also have different flows. Some dry much faster in the pen. Finding which ink suits which pen is trickier than getting the right strings.

It's really the feed which is adjusted, not the nib. The feed is the black part that pairs with the nib. The two usually press-fit into the grip section.

We stopped by a Target store this afternoon. I went dow the cookie isle and found Tim Tams. The Arnott brand! This is a rare find around me.

Sheryl found Arnott's Tim Tams just before Easter - I wonder if there has been a change in the distribution arrangements that Pepperidge Farm had.

Oh...and Hi y'all. I'm in a hotel room in Berkeley, California, right now. Just checked in. With luck I will be able to meet up with Gary on Thursday afternoon/evening. Until then...work. Ish. I probably won't be around much this week - I have a presentation due on Friday evening - and I'm flying home on Friday morning - so I will be working on it during whatever small amounts of spare time I have this week.

When I was in school, we had a dress code, too, but it was barely enforced. They would just give you a verbal warning. If a girl was showing too much skin in the chest area, they would have her wear a flannel. If clothing had bad language in it, they would have you put masking tape over it. I seen those consequences. In high school, it was just verbal warnings that I was aware of. But it was a huge school and there was no way to notice anything.

Skirts my freshman year had to be no higher than one inch above the knees... Then we got a new principle... They changed the rule to one inch below the fingers... Which opened up a whole new ball of wax for the tall skinny girls... Let's just say he wasn't principal long but the rule stuck, not sure about why but it did :/ Don't get me wrong, I was a teenager with raging hormones... But I look back and realize that it was just a stupid change that should have sent off red flags to the district right away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom