::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we won't tell you that the Doobie Brothers broke up.

Patrick Simmons went to my high school and my sister lives across the street from his childhood home. Never met him but I'm friends with his nephew.

;)

Do you have a water softener at your place?

Yes, we do. But there has been a few times that we have forgotten to put salt in it. Once we noticed the water was hard, we'd go get salt. Oops.

Yes Andy, you have!

Rafe used to always ask what people are doing for the weekend.

Rafe Report:

Ummm... Bingo tonight, maybe but I am going to see if I should just work... because I am so stinkin behind on stuff.

Saturday... work...

Sunday... church, nap...

Spending time with the fam in between that. So nothing exciting.
Have you played Rook (I think it's rook) lately?

That is awesome!

I fry my hair. Very much on purpose. It gives it a cool spikey texture. I thought it was cool when people could do that! Never realizing I could do that by torturing my hair!

I love your hair! I have seen some of your uke sample videos. When I see your hair, I want to chop mine off! I use to have a very short pixie cut that I loved. I have had many short haircuts but the pixie cut was my fave. I like having long hair but it's a lot to maintain. I had dreadlocks once. Lol Talk about low maintenance.

I was really bummed out when Jerry Garcia died. Mainly because I knew it meant there were not going to be any more shows to go to, and at that time in my life, it was something I did every year with good friends, kind of like UWC. I did not dress in all black or anything, but I did have a Grateful Dead sticker on my car and I put a black piece of electrical tape across it like cops do with their badges.
Of course, there were some more "Dead" shows after he died, and I even went to some of them and had a good time.

I was kind of pissed off. I had just seen them a few days earlier in Chicago. Jerry was so f*cked up on heroin that he couldn't remember the songs and the crowd thought it was funny, at least they did until he died.

Rafe Report:
Tonight: Canoe Hut Lounge for music. Nanilei has a new treat we are taking. Salted Caramel bar cookies. They came out a little too sweet and just a bit overly buttery, but really good, especially for the first run through. We generally like our stuff not super sweet, so I think most folks will love these.
Tomorrow: Groceries. Hope to perhaps hit the beach too. Going to a new (to us) store called Chef Zone. Kind of like a restaurant supply store, where you can buy bulk items. Going to get some more butter and salad stuff (which is much more expensive at the grocery store).
Sunday: Going to `Iolani Palace. It is Kama`aina Sunday, so we can get in free. Also, there is going to be Hawaiian music outside on the lawn, we went last year, this year the lineup is pretty sweet!
Waipuna - Sean Na`auao - Hu`ewa w/ Josh Tatofi - Weldon Kekauoha - even more but I forgot most of you don't know who these people are. Suffice it to say we are really looking forward to it. We are also going to Tanioka's in the morning to get snacks to take there. YUM!

Last edited:
I was kind of pissed off. I had just seen them a few days earlier in Chicago. Jerry was so f*cked up on heroin that he couldn't remember the songs and the crowd thought it was funny, at least they did until he died.

I only had one bad show like that - It was a JGB show and it was on Jerry's birthday. He was really out of it, and he went into rehab right after. It was 1990 ish. That was right before they had that big comeback where Jerry seemed clean and trying to get healthy and the band kind of picked up again. Such a bummer it did not last. It is a shame that some people cannot conquer their demons.

Rafe Report:
Tonight: Canoe Hut Lounge for music. Nanilei has a new treat we are taking. Salted Caramel bar cookies. They came out a little too sweet and just a bit overly buttery, but really good, especially for the first run through. We generally like our stuff not super sweet, so I think most folks will love these.
Tomorrow: Groceries. Hope to perhaps hit the beach too. Going to a new (to us) store called Chef Zone. Kind of like a restaurant supply store, where you can buy bulk items. Going to get some more butter and salad stuff (which is much more expensive at the grocery store).
Sunday: Going to `Iolani Palace. It is Kama`aina Sunday, so we can get in free. Also, there is going to be Hawaiian music outside on the lawn, we went last year, this year the lineup is pretty sweet!
Waipuna - Sean Na`auao - Hu`ewa w/ Josh Tatofi - Weldon Kekauoha - even more but I forgot most of you don;t know who these people are. Suffice it to say we are really looking forward to it. We are also going to Tanioka's in the morning to get snacks to take there. YUM!

Have you heard of the Cookie Lady in Waipahu?

A friend just told me that it's a MUST to find cookies from the Cookie Lady in Waipahu.

Great. Don's getting arrested for stalking today.

They didn't catch me! Got her to and from her appointment okay. She's a nice lady, as most of them are. The only downside is that I caught and tore my new leather coat on her storm door handle. :(

Picture a tear in the shape of Italy, only horizontal, and about six inches long. I don't know how it can be repaired without looking obvious. I'll try to find someone to do it, anyway....

Rich's Pet Peeve Corner:

Why do people have to stick their snouts into other people's marketplace ads? Earlier this week, we had a "helpful soul" who bulldozed another member's ad for a Martin CK-1, announcing it was overpriced, and doing his own calculation as to what it should cost. Whether or not it was overpriced, it's the seller's call what he wants to charge, and the marketplace's decision as to whether they will buy it at that price. The other poster had no dog in the fight, but apparently loved the sound lf his own typing.

Now today, we have a poster jumping into an ad for a Jay Lichty Brazilian rosewood baritone, announcing that it's "not likely" the OP has a Brazilian rosewood Lichty, since it's illegal to import. A quick review of Lichty's site shows that he offers Brazilian as a tonewood for custom builds, and has built around a dozen Brazilian ukes. Fortunately a number of posters called her out (including me), but what business did she have posting in that thread in the first place-- especially a painfully misinformed perspective. The fact that she is a dealer, and trying to disrupt someone else's deal with misinformation, makes her motives very suspect.

The preceding opinions are mine alone.

Why, no. No, they are not....

I was at a show in Arizona and the funniest thing happened - they were playing this song and Bobby seemed like he was off - just not in sync with the other boys - Phil and Jerry each took a step back, looked at each other (behind Bob's back), nodded in unison, and then WHAM! they dropped right into where Bobby was. It was so cool.

I miss them.

Have you heard of the Cookie Lady in Waipahu?

A friend just told me that it's a MUST to find cookies from the Cookie Lady in Waipahu.

No, I have not. For a minute I thought you were talking about Nanilei.
Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom