::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have long said I would love a gloss mahogany concert Mainland. Now I'm thinking I'd like to consider a Red cedar as an alternative....

Oh I love love love my glossy mahogany concert. I have no complaints about it. When we were at Mainland, I just couldn't decide on the red cedar or spruce, I liked them both. A lot. Then I tried the mahogany. That didn't make the decision any easier. Scott wanted me to get a mahogany tenor. Finally, Scott told me to just pick one and get the other two later. I finally decided on the mahogany because I could afford a case, as well, with that choice. If I got either of the other two, I couldn't get a case. So the case was the deciding factor.

When I get the red cedar uke, I think I'm going to go for the soprano. I still play my Shark a lot...because I love the soprano size.

Then, I plan on getting a spruce top tenor.

As of right now, that's my plan. I definitely want a nice soprano.

Oh, and another deciding factor for choosing mahogany is that I didn't have a humidifier in my house...I have one, now.

Oh, and another deciding factor for choosing mahogany is that I didn't have a humidifier in my house...I have one, now.

Is hog supposed to be a sturdier wood or something? I didn't realize that.

All mahogany is nice, but for me I keep coming back to Koa for whatever reason. I guess I'm traditional LOL!

All mahogany is nice, but for me I keep coming back to Koa for whatever reason. I guess I'm traditional LOL!

I was told that the red cedar would split faster than the mahogany, if I didn't have a humidifier in the room or the case.

There is nothing wrong with being traditional. I've never had an opportunity to try out a koa uke.

We saw Mike and Tookta in the shop this morning. In Crawfordsville this evening.

Having used Google to try to find an answer to this for Andy, I have learned that the most commonly cited thing that weighs 60 pounds is an elephant penis.

Go figure....

JFPOD! Oh my gosh that was funny!

I was told that the red cedar would split faster than the mahogany, if I didn't have a humidifier in the room or the case.

Cedar (and spruce) are soft woods - though spruce is tougher. Mahogany is a hard wood, along with maple and koa (and many others, just thinking of the most common stringed instrument materials).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom