::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, Rusted Root I'd going to be on the free stage on Aug. 22, at 7:30. THAT's the one to go to. I've seen them so many times, I lost count. They are my fave band to see live and you won't be disappointed. I hope I can talk Scott into that one. He hates crowds. I'll probably go without him. OMG I can't wait. That's close to my birthday, too.

I went to my 20 year. There were a dozen of us tops. Out of a class of 50.

My class had well over 800 people...maybe 100 at the reunion. It was $80/couple to get in. That's why. I think they were trying to make it more for a certain clique. I think I stayed an hour and we went to a bar...and that's where a lot more of my classmates were. The ones not willing to pay the $80. I was truly happy to see 2 people that I had fallen out of touch with, that were good friends of mine when I was younger.

Mike, Rusted Root I'd going to be on the free stage on Aug. 22, at 7:30. THAT's the one to go to. I've seen them so many times, I lost count. They are my fave band to see live and you won't be disappointed. I hope I can talk Scott into that one. He hates crowds. I'll probably go without him. OMG I can't wait. That's close to my birthday, too.

I saw those guys when they first came out, they were the opening act for someone. I really like the State Fair too, not sure why, but I do. Gotta go see who's got the biggest pig of course!

I saw those guys when they first came out, they were the opening act for someone. I really like the State Fair too, not sure why, but I do. Gotta go see who's got the biggest pig of course!

So, did you like RR when you saw them?

I just love everything about the state fair. I like going in those old buildings to see the exhibits and all the animals.

My aunt was severely injured in the 1963 Coliseum explosion. She was in the hospital for a very long time.

Sigh. Funnel cakes. Dreamy.

Strangely enough, one of our favorite things at the state fair is the competition to set a table...I am not kidding.

I wonder if they have thst at our state fair.

Sigh. Funnel cakes. Dreamy.

Strangely enough, one of our favorite things at the state fair is the competition to set a table...I am not kidding.
they have that at our county fair.

We've stopped in Red Bluff. My van is running hot. Not sure if it's too hot. My normal gauge broke years ago and it was stupid crazy expensive to pull the dash and fix it so my mechanic installed a second one. It always seems to be sitting pretty high like 200-220 but I never worry. Today it was topped out at 280. It's gotta be 105 where we are and I was traveling at 75-80 mph. I called my mechanic. He suspects the gauge is faulty. Said at 280 my engine woulda fried. So I parked in a parking lot. I'm sitting in the car with the dogs, the kids went to eat pizza. I'm going to let the car cool off, start it up again, add coolant if necessary and drive at 65 in this heat.

I really don't want any car problems.

If I carry a backpack a gym bag and a uke on a airplane is that ok to do???

It's probably okay, but I would never carry three things. Especially if one is an ukulele. I don't wanna chance them making me check my instrument.

If I carry a backpack a gym bag and a uke on a airplane is that ok to do???

You're allowed a carryon and a personal item. You can also have a third, exempt item like a medical device, and SOME people interpret that as an instrument - however, I have heard stories of airlines saying the instrument is your personal item, and personally I think the FAA letter that talks about musical instruments is ambiguous.

Your best bet is to only have two items OR be sure the gym bag or backpack don't have anything breakable and could be checked if necessary. You don't want to check your instrument.

Especially on United.

United breaks guitars, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

they have that at our county fair.

We've stopped in Red Bluff. My van is running hot. Not sure if it's too hot. My normal gauge broke years ago and it was stupid crazy expensive to pull the dash and fix it so my mechanic installed a second one. It always seems to be sitting pretty high like 200-220 but I never worry. Today it was topped out at 280. It's gotta be 105 where we are and I was traveling at 75-80 mph. I called my mechanic. He suspects the gauge is faulty. Said at 280 my engine woulda fried. So I parked in a parking lot. I'm sitting in the car with the dogs, the kids went to eat pizza. I'm going to let the car cool off, start it up again, add coolant if necessary and drive at 65 in this heat.

I really don't want any car problems.

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but please be cautious with the coolant. When it's warm it can be under a bit of preasure. And of course it's scalding hot. I'm sure you know this but I felt I had to say something, for safety's sake.

I think Florida is worse. Florida was the first time I was ever aware of humidity. I stepped off the plane and thought, why am I sweating already?

Now I feel that way every time I step off the plane when visiting Hawaii. :p

I think the lush tropical vegetation and the fact that you're surrounded by that beautiful water makes it a little more bearable than Florida. The worst for me was Indianapolis during a heat wave about twenty years ago. You could feel the air when you breathed in.

You can go to a carwash though, can't you? Because they use all sorts of recycling of water and all that? Or is Northern California just a land of filthy cars these days?

By now you saw my complaint of the $33.00 car wash.

Jerks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom