::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAM, are you back to posting patio pics again? I haven't checked instagram in a while.

I look forward to those pics :)

Right now?

I have half an avocado spread on two pieces of toast and coffee for breakfast.

A diabetic nutrition bar or carrots/radishes/celery around 10:00.

Whatever I remember to bring for lunch. Usually a sandwich or leftovers making sure it's 45g of carbs or less.

Afternoon snack is the veggies again or sometimes a slice of bread with peanut butter. If I skip this snack I usually go overboard at dinner so this one is important.

Dinner is the hard one because we've been so busy with James' activities that we eat out quite a bit. If we go out I try to have a salad and a little protein. I try to do the same thing at home. About four ounces of protein and as many veggies as it takes to feel satisfied with little to no starch/carbs (I figure I get enough carbs in sauces and dressings to get by).

Sometimes if I'm hungry after dinner I'll eat half an avocado by itself for the fat to feel satiated.

I haven't tracked it, but I would guess I'm under or around 1800 calories. Once my body figures out that 1800 calories is going to be the norm, I'll start dropping more weight.

Track your calories and carbs. You might be over.. especially with that bread and glucerna bar and veggies (depending on what kind of veg you take in can really tweak your carb/calorie load)... Your body is a machine... it doesn't have to get used to things, it should just do them on it's own (your macros are probably off for a Diabetic reducing diet. You might be retaining a bit of water because of the carbohydrate load.)

That's the plan for tonight. Let's see what happens.

Hey Nick, as our only resident Korean since Soo isn't here that often . . .

I made some kimcheeguk but it was kind of flavorless. Didn't have that sort of sour kick like when I've had it before. My Korean students said I need to wait until the kim chee gets nasty before making it. They said when it starts to get that fizzy taste is when I should use it for soup. Does this sound right to you?

My mom is in assisted living too. We don't usually worry too much if we can't get through on the phone. Usually it's because she's trying to answer the TV remote.

My grandma has had mini strokes and she falls a lot. Mentally, she's very sharp still. But her speech is very slurred and sometimes she will say the wrong word. She knows when she does it, she's still sharp, but she can't spit the right word out. So when I heard her pick the phone up, and not say anything, it alarmed me.

Track your calories and carbs. You might be over.. especially with that bread and glucerna bar and veggies (depending on what kind of veg you take in can really tweak your carb/calorie load)... Your body is a machine... it doesn't have to get used to things, it should just do them on it's own (your macros are probably off for a Diabetic reducing diet. You might be retaining a bit of water because of the carbohydrate load.)

I'm definitely under 45g per meal on carbs. My Stabilyze bar is 20g of carbs., and the carrots are the highest carb veggie I'm eating at about 12g per cup.

I've been using "MyNetDiary" to track my blood sugar and I guess if I can remember I can use it to track calories and carbs too. I also use apps called CarbControl and FigWee to figure out how many carbs are in the foods I eat. I still haven't had time to sit down and read the info you sent me, but as soon as school is over I'll have a lot of time to devote to taking care of me and adjusting my schedule so I can do better next year too.

I really do appreciate all your help.

. . . and Jon. I bought a pack of multi colored Sharpies this morning.

As soon as this birthday cake is gone, I'm getting back on track with my diet. The main reason I went off my Gabapentin is because I think it's preventing me from losing weight...plus, it wasn't helping as much, anymore. I've been way more active and really having a good diet, there is no reason that the pounds aren't shedding. So, if it was the Gabapentin, I should start losing the weight. I didn't gain it becsuse of the Gabapentin. I gained it when I was on a similar medicine for nerve pain, an prednisolone. We'll see. I've only been making poor food choices for 10 days.

Man hot day today.

It's breezy and gray here. We've had some rain, but nothing major. We are under a slight risk for severe weather. Slight. Indiana has bipolar weather, this time of year. I'm use to it.

Looking at the weather radar...looks like it's about to storm, up where Rob is. Hubs is working in that region, still. He drives it, every day. Two hours one way.

Looking at the weather radar...looks like it's about to storm, up where Rob is. Hubs is working in that region, still. He drives it, every day. Two hours one way.

Well not quite 2 hours. An hour and forty minutes.

I was thinking the same thing... Really! Track what you're eating, especially for the macros, just to see where you are... Part of why you're hungry could be because you are at a deficit or your macros are screwed up in some way...

I was thinking the same thing... Really! Track what you're eating, especially for the macros, just to see where you are... Part of why you're hungry could be because you are at a deficit or your macros are screwed up in some way...

Not enough proteins and fats?

I need to read up on more of the "Good" fats. Maybe more nuts?

Too much to learn :)

My grandma has had mini strokes and she falls a lot. Mentally, she's very sharp still. But her speech is very slurred and sometimes she will say the wrong word. She knows when she does it, she's still sharp, but she can't spit the right word out. So when I heard her pick the phone up, and not say anything, it alarmed me.

My mom is just kind of confused a lot of the time. She occasionally goes looking for her parents - who passed away 15 and 16 years ago. And then there are times I can visit with her and she's perfectly lucid. It sucks, but we try to find humor where we can - like answering the remote (and occasionally attempting to make phone calls with the remote). Kind of bittersweet - she sees the humor and laughs, but also feels the frustration...

Well not quite 2 hours. An hour and forty minutes.

I not sure you could get very close to my house in an hour and forty minures.

A little over a week ago we were in Bloomington, took 37 north caugh the west side circle, grabbed 65 north to Lafayette, caught 43 to 421 to US 6 west. Nice drive.

I not sure you could get very close to my house in an hour and forty minures.

A little over a week ago we were in Bloomington, took 37 north caugh the west side circle, grabbed 65 north to Lafayette, caught 43 to 421 to US 6 west. Nice drive.

He's working in Newton county.

if it was me I'd up the protein too.
Also check your bread. I can't say enough good things about sprouted wheat bread. Ezekiel brand is easy to find nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom