::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not sure you could get very close to my house in an hour and forty minures.

A little over a week ago we were in Bloomington, took The 37 north caugh the west side circle, grabbed the 65 north to Lafayette, caught the 43 to the 421 to the 6, west. Nice drive.

California-ized so I could understand it. :)

Hey Nick, as our only resident Korean since Soo isn't here that often . . .

I made some kimcheeguk but it was kind of flavorless. Didn't have that sort of sour kick like when I've had it before. My Korean students said I need to wait until the kim chee gets nasty before making it. They said when it starts to get that fizzy taste is when I should use it for soup. Does this sound right to you?

The wifey says that is correct! It needs to be quite sour. I usually think of the kimchee as soft and not fizzy, but I could see that.

We use North, South, East and West!!!

Really? I haven't seen that. Usually it's just "Take the 5 to the 405" and it is assumed the listener will understand which cardinal direction they need to be going to accomplish that.

Really? I haven't seen that. Usually it's just "Take the 5 to the 405" and it is assumed the listener will understand which cardinal direction they need to be going to accomplish that.

Yeah, you're right.

But I use them with people from out of town. Actually it's my buddies from Portland. Maybe it's an Oregonian thing to need them. But then again, maybe it's just them. One of them called to wish me a happy birthday once and asked "what time is it there?"

The wifey says that is correct! It needs to be quite sour. I usually think of the kimchee as soft and not fizzy, but I could see that.

Asian food is my favorite, but I have never had the pleasure of trying Korean cuisine. I'm sure I would love it!

Asian food is my favorite, but I have never had the pleasure of trying Korean cuisine. I'm sure I would love it!

LOL! That's a pretty broad range of "favorite."

I'm still waiting for someone to define "Oriental Flavor" on the packages of Top Ramen. Do we have a taste? Just curious. :)

LOL! That's a pretty broad range of "favorite."

I'm still waiting for someone to define "Oriental Flavor" on the packages of Top Ramen. Do we have a taste? Just curious. :)

One of my students said it's the taste of 1970's marketing racism.

One of my students said it's the taste of 1970's marketing racism.

Your student is repeating something he heard someone else say IMHO - Way too perspicacious a comment....

Not that it changes the validity of the comment one iota :D

I buy my Kimchee. I tried making saurcraut once. That's just scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom