::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting stared down by Casey Kamaka today every time I passed by the Kamaka booth at the NorCal uke festival today. He finally stopped me and asked where else we've run into each other because he knew it wasn't just from the festival every year.

Kamaka Factory Tours
Roy Sakuma Festivals
NorCal Uke Festival
NAMM this year
And his slack key player is a good friend of mine's cousin

I sounded like a stalker :)

The festival was kind of boring.

I think there were 50% less people than last year, not as many vendors, and definitely not as many jams on the lawn as in previous years. Heck, Danny (Kanaka916) didn't even show up and he's a regular.

Definitely didn't have as much fun as in previous years.

I did run into one of my best friend's ex-girlfriend.

She kept waving her hand in front of my face during conversation so that I'd see the ginormous rock she was sporting. Kind of funny. I'm a boy. I'm not running to Kirk and telling him she's married now. I could care less . . . and neither would Kirk :)

I wonder how the guitar show was today, for Mike. Hopefully, he sold lots of little gee-tars!

(I really had to fight with the autocorrect to type "gee-tars")

Also saw about five kids from my school. They were looking for me. It was cute. We hung out for a while and played a few songs together. I had no idea any of these kids played. They aren't the kids who hang out in my room to play.

I wonder how the guitar show was today, for Mike. Hopefully, he sold lots of little gee-tars!

(I really had to fight with the autocorrect to type "gee-tars")

Has your daughter played any games yet? It seem like they have a long preseason.

. . . . oops, sorry. California-centric thinking.

Also saw about five kids from my school. They were looking for me. It was cute. We hung out for a while and played a few songs together. I had no idea any of these kids played. They aren't the kids who hang out in my room to play.

That sounds like fun!

I went to a birthday party for my friend's granddaughter, last night. I always bump into people from my past at their parties. Last night was no exception. I seen someone I use to work with. It was nice to catch up. I never knew her very well.

Has your daughter played any games yet? It seem like they have a long preseason.

. . . . oops, sorry. California-centric thinking.

No sorries. It does seem long. I think the reason it's a little long is because of her age. There are some kids in this age group that are barely 5. It's ages 5-8. I think they do nearly a month of practices so the new kids have a little understanding of the game before they start games. I always worry about the little ones getting hurt. There is a significant skill difference between the new girls and the 8 year olds that are in their 4th year of playing.

Her first game was suppose to be yesterday, but the weather was too bad. They will reschedule it. She has a game, tomorrow. It's a team we have never played in the past. I need to find out where it is. It's in another county, but not too far.

Hey Damon . . . that guy I posted, Kevin Okimoto, was in the Opihi Pickers back in the day. :)

No sorries. It does seem long. I think the reason it's a little long is because of her age. There are some kids in this age group that are barely 5. It's ages 5-8. I think they do nearly a month of practices so the new kids have a little understanding of the game before they start games. I always worry about the little ones getting hurt. There is a significant skill difference between the new girls and the 8 year olds that are in their 4th year of playing.

Her first game was suppose to be yesterday, but the weather was too bad. They will reschedule it. She has a game, tomorrow. It's a team we have never played in the past. I need to find out where it is. It's in another county, but not too far.

I know what you mean. James is pretty far behind in understanding the game compared to the kids who played in Farm last year.

I know what you mean. James is pretty far behind in understanding the game compared to the kids who played in Farm last year.

Naomi has to work super hard just to keep up with the kids her age. I also think her hard work goes unnoticed by her coaches. All the coaches seem to care about is winning. They don't rotate positions much. She has been in the outfield the past two years. She still throws a little short but can throw to any position from 2nd base. I wish they would give her a chance at that or short stop. She got to play third, for about ten minutes at practice the other night, and when she needed to throw to first, they got on her for throwing it to the pitcher for the pitcher to throw it to first. Naomi knew it was the fastest, most accurate way to go. She can't throw all the way to first from third. I don't think any of them really can. They got on her for it and put her back in left field. Why would a coach put someone with a short arm on third? It's just frustrating. I've kept my mouth shut for 2 past seasons because I don't want to be one of "those parents." But it's hard when your child is bored in the outfield because the coach's kids, and the assistant coach's kids get the good positions, every time. This is pixie league. I think they should play to win, but learning should be the priority...esp in the regular season.

Mandi, congrats on the job offers.

Has the one you really want got back to you yet?

I should know in a few days. Right now Stein Mart appears to be the best choice. They offered more hours and better pay, plus a small commission for opening credit cards.

I like Cheryl's cookies, but I'm not sure if they will offer above min wage. I really like that they do their schedule 4-6 weeks ahead instead of a weekly schedule. I can't believe I didn't discuss pay with them.

I should have heard from every place by Thursday or Friday. Then I will make my decision shortly after that.

The festival was kind of boring.

I think there were 50% less people than last year, not as many vendors, and definitely not as many jams on the lawn as in previous years. Heck, Danny (Kanaka916) didn't even show up and he's a regular.

Definitely didn't have as much fun as in previous years.

Sorry to hear that. Why do you think attendance was down?

Oh the joys of having a teenager.............:wallbash:

It gets better.

Ours is off in the great wide world. He has told us many times since leaving home what good parents we are. Amazing. He even wrote his mother a tribute song. It's a coming of age deal which recognizes both his resistance and her constant love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom