::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naomi has to work super hard just to keep up with the kids her age. I also think her hard work goes unnoticed by her coaches. All the coaches seem to care about is winning. They don't rotate positions much. She has been in the outfield the past two years. She still throws a little short but can throw to any position from 2nd base. I wish they would give her a chance at that or short stop. She got to play third, for about ten minutes at practice the other night, and when she needed to throw to first, they got on her for throwing it to the pitcher for the pitcher to throw it to first. Naomi knew it was the fastest, most accurate way to go. She can't throw all the way to first from third. I don't think any of them really can. They got on her for it and put her back in left field. Why would a coach put someone with a short arm on third? It's just frustrating. I've kept my mouth shut for 2 past seasons because I don't want to be one of "those parents." But it's hard when your child is bored in the outfield because the coach's kids, and the assistant coach's kids get the good positions, every time. This is pixie league. I think they should play to win, but learning should be the priority...esp in the regular season.

Our coach's kid thinks he knows everything and tells the other players what to do, for the most part all the kids just blow him off. The funny thing is that he's wrong more often than not and always has excuses for his errors. No one gets on any of the kids for fielding errors but he has an excuse at the ready, every single time. The last time he yelled at James because James wasn't backing him up at first when he missed an easy throw. His mom yelled "if you would have caught the ball thrown directly to you, you wouldn't need to be backed up!)

We have great parents. Everyone understands they're just kids and they're feeling their way through and learning to be good team mates. So far it's been a really great experience.

Our coach's kid thinks he knows everything and tells the other players what to do, for the most part all theo kids just blow him off. The funny thing is that he's wrong more often than not and always has excuses for his errors. No one gets on any of the kids for fielding errors but he has an excuse at the ready, every single time. The last time he yelled at James because James wasn't backing him up at first when he missed an easy throw. His mom yelled "if you would have caught the ball thrown directly to you, you wouldn't need to be backed up!)

We have great parents. Everyone understands they're just kids and they're feeling their way through and learning to be good team mates. So far it's been a really great experience.

Oh I could tell some stories about parents at softball games. It seems that softball is the sport for parent drama. It brings out the worst side of some folks.

Oh I could tell some stories about parents at softball games. It seems that softball is the sport for parent drama. It brings out the worst side of some folks.

So does little league.

The best fights I have ever seen were parents at little league games. That's why I was remarking that the parents of James' teammates all get it. Very gentle and supportive group. Even the mom that yelled out to her kid about not catching the ball was doing it not to criticize his play, but to remind him that he was making excuses again (I guess it's an ongoing problem not limited to baseball with that kid).

Also saw about five kids from my school. They were looking for me. It was cute. We hung out for a while and played a few songs together. I had no idea any of these kids played. They aren't the kids who hang out in my room to play.
thats very cool. I bet they start hanging out in your classroom.

So does little league.

The best fights I have ever seen were parents at little league games. That's why I was remarking that the parents of James' teammates all get it. Very gentle and supportive group. Even the mom that yelled out to her kid about not catching the ball was doing it not to criticize his play, but to remind him that he was making excuses again (I guess it's an ongoing problem not limited to baseball with that kid).

Yes. It sounds like it wasn't about baseball at all. She's teaching him sportsmanship. Nice. You are lucky to have a team full of parents like that. We have some great parents. And this year, there isn't as much drama as last year, so far. IF Naomi's efforts go unnoticed, I will have a private conversation with the coach. I won't be rude during a game. She's always had the same coaches. Last year, we were beating a team 16-0. Once we had a good lead, it was a perfect opportunity to let some of the youngers play some infield. The other team was full of younger girls and no one would have gotten hurt. It was a teachable moment that our coaches failed to see. Parents were ticked.

I should know in a few days. Right now Stein Mart appears to be the best choice. They offered more hours and better pay, plus a small commission for opening credit cards.

I like Cheryl's cookies, but I'm not sure if they will offer above min wage. I really like that they do their schedule 4-6 weeks ahead instead of a weekly schedule. I can't believe I didn't discuss pay with them.

I should have heard from every place by Thursday or Friday. Then I will make my decision shortly after that.
You, my darling, could teach a lot of adults how to get a job! This is awesome!

I spent the entire day digging in dirt. So happy. I can barely move. The girls are chirping at me to join them doing yoga. Here I go.....

Because the nor cal fest charges too much.

They charge $18.00 for a whole day of quality entertainment in the amphitheater, but there isn't a charge to attend the festival and hang out.

Napa (Wine Country Ukulele Festival) charged a $20.00 entrance fee this year. I'd be surprised if they do that again. Many people that have been going for years only came for one day and didn't take any classes this year. Myself included.

Greed is pretty ugly.

They charge $18.00 for a whole day of quality entertainment in the amphitheater, but there isn't a charge to attend the festival and hang out.

Napa (Wine Country Ukulele Festival) charged a $20.00 entrance fee this year. I'd be surprised if they do that again. Many people that have been going for years only came for one day and didn't take any classes this year. Myself included.

Greed is pretty ugly.
whoops, got those two mixed up. Besides when I'm looking im also looking at room and board. Very expensive at Napa.

whoops, got those two mixed up. Besides when I'm looking im also looking at room and board. Very expensive at Napa.

I spend quite a bit even if I don't get a room. Too many fantastic restaurants in that area. They have some good beverages there too :)

I spend quite a bit even if I don't get a room. Too many fantastic restaurants in that area. They have some good beverages there too :)
Once you've been to UWC it hurts to pay for a festival, at least for me. With the lodging and stuff it runs into 400-500 dollars for a weekend for me to attend a traditional festival. I guess it's all in what you want out of playing the uke. For me it's less about learning and more about the coming together with friends and jamming.

Just opened my emails. There was a note from my boss telling me to take tomorrow off. I am sooooo happy.

Once you've been to UWC it hurts to pay for a festival, at least for me. With the lodging and stuff it runs into 400-500 dollars for a weekend for me to attend a traditional festival. I guess it's all in what you want out of playing the uke. For me it's less about learning and more about the coming together with friends and jamming.

Same here. When I choose which fests to vend, it has a lot to do with who I will see and get to hang out with. As a vendor I really should not stay up until 3-4am jamming with friends, but I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom