::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, one and all! Today is Elaine's birthday. We went out to dinner last night to celebrate, as she doesn't eat meat on Fridays, and the restaurants are crowded then. We went to P. F. Chang's. It was delicious! I got her a gift certificate to her favorite garden center, but I still need to get her a nice birthday card to put it in. We'll have dinner at home tonight, but I'm going to get a small chocolate cake for dessert....

Happy Birthday to Elaine! P. F. Chang's sounds good!

Damon, the first one was life changing for me. I remember thinking, why are all of these people so wonderful? It was hard to grasp why I was so crazy torn up when Sukie dragged me outta there on Sunday. I just didn't understand how I could be so emotionally attached to people I had only known on the Internet and been around for barely 2 days. A big part of it for me was the overall acceptance I recieved from the men. Not flirting, just friendship. After being a 'mom' for 25 years I had become invisible to men other than my husband. I was also much older than most of these people. Yet they actually talked to me and laughed with me. When I got home I wrote an email to 8 of these guys that treated me so genuinely thanking them. A couple of them are still here on the thread. And Sukie, dear dear Sukie. None of this would have happened without her.

There's just something magical about that field. I felt a bit crazy after the first year. But when I read the posts on FB from others who seem changed by the experience I know I'm not the only one.

You aren't the only one and I still read that email from time to time, it means that much to me :)

Good morning, one and all! Today is Elaine's birthday. We went out to dinner last night to celebrate, as she doesn't eat meat on Fridays, and the restaurants are crowded then. We went to P. F. Chang's. It was delicious! I got her a gift certificate to her favorite garden center, but I still need to get her a nice birthday card to put it in. We'll have dinner at home tonight, but I'm going to get a small chocolate cake for dessert....

No meat on Friday? I thought that was just a Lent thing?

Good morning. The packing and loading process continues. My son surprised us and came up from SC to help load. It's a good thing, because of having a lot of big heavy stuff to load. Graduation party for Em and her class tonight. Then tomorrow we depart on our two day drive home. It is so weird seeing my inlaws house this way. Very sad. My wife grew up in this house. This house was always home base in our family's worldly travels.

Your discussions of UWC are making me sad and jealous. I wanted to go this year, but big stuff got in the way. I have only been once, but it was truly life changing for me. I am closer to some of you here than my own flesh and blood. That trip solidified relationships that were established on line. I would have never believed that was possible. Who in their right mind would make friends with people on line? We would...

If you have not been, go!!! Love you to guys. Enjoy UWC and keep it alive and in your hearts for another year.

Good morning, PoHos! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Tomorrow is my daughter's 8th birthday. Time flies.

Rafe Report: Today, housework and take birthday cupcakes up to the school, for Naomi's class. Then, her friend is riding the bus home with her. Tomorrow, we have a birthday party planned for her. I also need to make it up to the funeral home. My dad's cousin passed away on Wednesday.

I like how we've immortalized Rafe into PoHo lingo! :)

(has Rafe been on since you've been here Deb?)

I like how we've immortalized Rafe into PoHo lingo! :)

(has Rafe been on since you've been here Deb?)

Nope. I have no idea who he is. But I follow suit, since someone explained it to me. I figure, why not?

Rafe Report:
Today spend two hours with Moe d'Lon. Then uke a little.
Tomorrow breakfast for the lad and then his piping lesson.
Sunday church and the inevitable sermon. Then watch Indy (probably DVR and watch delayed a bit).
Monday - Who thinks that far ahead?

One more thing . . .
Tomorrow is the first day that I can apply for our Pilgrim Credentials for the Camino Santiago. Excited much? Hoo boy!

I hope Miss Mim is having the time of her life over across the pond. Maybe she and Shane will check in sometime?

You have your chromebook right?

I think now is the time to drop the stubborness and get your own FB account. You don't have to be active, just "friend" the PoHo's and you'll be able to see the bajillion pics Mim has been posting.

You can cave in. We won't judge :)

Rafe Report:

Off to the great nation of Canada to help my girlfriend pack her stuff so she can finally move here. And now, please enjoy this tune:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom