::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
White rabbit white rabbit.

Rafe report: Helped my brother move this morning. Babysitting for my sister overnight tonight. Tomorrow I'm taking my nieces to the renaissance fair, then I'm going to yoga at 6.

White rabbit white rabbit.

Rafe report: Helped my brother move this morning. Babysitting for my sister overnight tonight. Tomorrow I'm taking my nieces to the renaissance fair, then I'm going to yoga at 6.

Lazy a$$ .

Hanging out at the SF Aloha Festival when I feel a hand on my shoulder and hear a voice saying "we have to stop meeting like this young man."

::name drop warning::

It's Kimo Hussey!

Also saw Kevdog (Kevin from Kinnard Ukulele) and David Tachera (Herman Tachera's son; hula instructor from Hawaii)

Last night, at 11:30, my sister asked to FaceTime to show me a spider bite. It looked horrible. I've never seen anything like it. I told her that I thought she should go to the ER and have it looked at and she said she would if she started feeling bad. This morning she went to Urgent Care. It's a Brown Recluse bit and she had to get four injections.
I hope she will be OK. She was also recently was diagnosed with breast cancer. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Brown Recluse spider bites are no fun at all (been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!). Coincidentally, a friend of mine, here in town, just had the same thing happen to him. PoHoMoJo for your sister, Deb....

Today I going to draw. I need to get back into it. Yesterday, I took a picture of a flower with the intention of using it as a reference photo. I need to take a basic photography class. I can't ever capture a good pic. I know this iPhone camera has it's limits, but I can't blame it on my phone. Oh well. I'm not expecting to create a masterpiece. I just want to get back to drawing. I might post what I draw, if it turns out OK.

I hope so. I'd love to see it....

Train trip summary:

Arrived in Kansas City 5+ hours late. Baggage claim was a typical Amtrak lash-up. One guy, who is also the ticket agent, to drive the putt-putt tractor out to the train to get the bags. Putt-put back to the station where all bags are shifted by hand by the same guy onto baggage carts. The baggage carts are then wheeled slowly to the elevator, moved upstairs, and sorted for the various claimants. Baggage guy needed a ten minute break to talk to the trash guy. Baggage guy is also carrying about 75 pounds of excess baggage of his own. Add 1 hour for baggage claim.

Had to race home to shower to go for the massage that was comfortably scheduled in the afternoon because of our morning arrival. Fell in the shower. No major damage except somehow hit my ring finger right at the cuticle. Won't be fretting things hard for a few days. Icing it now.

I am so glad this vacation is over.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that you fell....that can be dangerous, especially in a bathroom, where every surface is unforgiving. Glad to hear the damage was minor....

Wow. Three hours?

Suddenly, I don't have as much free time as I was accustomed to. I worked all day yesterday, and then worked until bedtime trying to finish the minion hat I'm knitting nfor a friend's daughter's birthday. I have to have it done by Monday evening, and today was jam session followed by mowing, followed by hospital visitation for my aunt, and tomorrow is breakfast out with Elaine followed by juggling club.

Why are there now so many fewer hours in the day? Oh. Yeah. There's that whole "job" thing....;)

Also saw Kevdog (Kevin from Kinnard Ukulele) and David Tachera (Herman Tachera's son; hula instructor from Hawaii)

Talked story with Herman and David last year's when I saw Kalei Gemaiao and Kimo at Noelani's in San Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom