::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of that stuff is the equivalent of "Inside Baseball." Important to a few, meaningless to most.

I've really been down on General Convention this year. We're still doing what Bp Barbara Harris accused us of doing in 1992, rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Jesus yawns, looks elsewhere.

What a disappointment... The news was playing it up, but that's probably to do with Fridays news...

I came to Kansas from the San Francisco area. We began our inquiry there (of necessity) in the 1970s. With the exception of blessing of unions (and there were plenty of "work arounds" for that) we'd reached full inclusion on a local level. Coming to Kansas I had to tell them that NONE of the of the consequences they feared had come to pass. The Holy Ghost kept showing up when we called. Our congregations continued to thrive. Hell, the big earthquake hadn't even happened. But truly, I'd be happier if the Church were less concerned with "issues" and more concerned with the spiritual progress of souls toward reconciliation.

I completely agree with you, to many times the church as a whole (yes I'm generalizing here) tends to focus on those issues because they think that's what will win people over... When in reality it's what the church is doing for them...

I never saw your comments and they aren't even in the archive... So whomever got there before me perm deleted them...

It was a different thread. They are still there.

Last edited:
It was a different tbread. They are still there.

heinz_ketchup.jpg

I came to Kansas from the San Francisco area. We began our inquiry there (of necessity) in the 1970s. With the exception of blessing of unions (and there were plenty of "work arounds" for that) we'd reached full inclusion on a local level. Coming to Kansas I had to tell them that NONE of the of the consequences they feared had come to pass. The Holy Ghost kept showing up when we called. Our congregations continued to thrive. Hell, the big earthquake hadn't even happened. But truly, I'd be happier if the Church were less concerned with "issues" and more concerned with the spiritual progress of souls toward reconciliation.

True, very true. But the church often deals with issues so they don't have to deal with themselves.

Just got back from the eye guy. Everything seems to be progressing nicely.

Poll:
What do you think the average age range for trick or treating is? As in what age to what age should one base a display on?

This post is not as happy as my last one.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

I need to report that at about four pm this afternoon, my son in law's sister Tracey passed from this life.

This statement seems too simple. But I don't know what else to say at this time.

My condolences. Life is fragile and short. I'm constantly reminded to enjoy the short time we all get in this world...

I see kids up to 16 doing it, but I think once you get past 12 or 13, it gets a little embarrassing.

I agree. I think it's OK for teenagers to dress up and trick or treat if they are chaperoning little kids. But the teenagers should only get candy if they are dressed in a costume, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom