::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good things are happening for sure!

And I am so grateful that I have amazing, loving, and tolerant kids that don't let other peoples bigotry sway them and they listen to their momma ;)

And they are very lucky to have parents that teach them by example what it means to be a good person. I'm sure that can be difficult living in a small town in your state.

There is an age for civic awareness. I'm thinking high school.

Being dual military at the time I had to try to explain 9/11 and its implications for our family to my five year old. That was ridiculous.

Agreed. And I think my post was misunderstood. I wasn't saying our little ones need to be informed of the bad stuff. How could anyone grasp the insanity of 9/11 or the act of some gunman killing people in a church.
I just feel kids need to be exposed to the workings of our government and how as adults they can make a difference by being active in their community and by voting. And a lot of that happens by them observing adults around them discussing current events whether it be around the dinner table or watching the news. This stuff needs to be part of their life and not just learned in Civics/Government classes in high school.

Raising informed well rounded adults starts when they are young.

Congratulations to all on the scotus decision today.

And if you don't like it, I probably don't like you anyway. So stuff it.

I almost lost it on a guy today... You know me, I'm not like that... But wow... I think I'll stay in here, where I don't have to watch these stupid posts by people I'm sort of forced to be friends with...

I've always wondered if roman candles would work or just bounce off the nest.

Bahaha! If they weren't right by the door and near where my kids play... I would leave them be, they are great at pest control... But I don't want the kids having a chance of provoking them and getting stung...

Fledgling hawk left his 3/4 eaten squirrel on the back porch for us yesterday. He was quite proud of himself for catching it and eating it. Last week he caught them but left them on our neighbors front stoop uneaten. On the one hand our squirrel population is under control, but on the other hand...

Kids, they never clean up after themselves.

We have a huge paper wasp nest in our shed... It's right above the door and I'm not sure how I am going to take care of it... If I tick them off they will have me cornered, not good. Ugh!!!

Graig's List add!!! Free shed if you haul away!!!

I moved to Kansas in 2000. At the time I thought I came here as a "missionary from the future." I was able to tell my fearful parishioners that the Holy Ghost had still shown up in California despite my then diocese's progressive engagement with LGBT issues for the previous 30 years. I have been able to move members of my congregation from full opposition, to tolerance, and slowly into encouragement. It has been a slow and sometimes costly pilgrimage. Yet we have come. There is more work to do, certainly mine is a testimony of constant pressure. I don't write this to boast or hold myself out as a great activist. Only to say that progress is not only possible, but necessary.

I'm smiling a lot today.

I moved to Kansas in 2000. At the time I thought I came here as a "missionary from the future." I was able to tell my fearful parishioners that the Holy Ghost had still shown up in California despite my then diocese's progressive engagement with LGBT issues for the previous 30 years. I have been able to move members of my congregation from full opposition, to tolerance, and slowly into encouragement. It has been a slow and sometimes costly pilgrimage. Yet we have come. There is more work to do, certainly mine is a testimony of constant pressure. I don't write this to boast or hold myself out as a great activist. Only to say that progress is not only possible, but necessary.

I'm smiling a lot today.

Bask in your glory Padre!!

enjoy

I saw a post on FB where some guy is ranting that he's moving to Canada after the SCOTUS decision yesterday.

Hasn't same sex marriage been legal there for like a decade now?

I saw a post on FB where some guy is ranting that he's moving to Canada after the SCOTUS decision yesterday.

Hasn't same sex marriage been legal there for like a decade now?

Wait, he was going to move to Canada because he doesn't like Obamacare? Does he know ANYTHING about how health care is done in Canada? This is delightfully ironic!

U
Am I the only Percolator user in the group?

I love my percolators, but my plug in model is just heaven on earth (another bit of my inheritance from my Grandma. It's a Farberware Superfast model 142- thats the one with the glass perc knob on top. It's circa mid to late 60s). A pot of perfect coffee in about 7 minutes.

It is so nice not to have to stress over temperature control, it doesn't get hot enough to boil but hot enough to make PERFECT coffee. It's just the best.

If it ever dies, I will be VERY sad. Like despondent. Thank the Green Goddess that replacement parts are readily available.

I don't think I've ever had coffee from a percolator.

All I want is a proper cup of coffee
Made in a proper copper coffee pot
I may be off my dot
But I want a proper coffee from a proper coffee pot
we used a perk pot for years, it does make good coffee. I recently got a two pot drip so we could have decaf and regular.

I should add, I"m in the market for a pyrex stove top percolator. I haven't found one for a reasonable price yet. If anyone comes across one, please let me know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom