::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accidental mini there! :D

Ok, thanks for all of your responses to the stand question. I think I'll leave my shark sitting around in view for a few days and see if that helps me play it more.

Sorry. I will have to come up with another way to share it here. She explains it very well. Let's try this again.
This is Alexis' Facebook post for yesterday.

WARNING: SUPER LONG POST! BUT ALSO A SUPER AWESOME POST!
I got to start my morning off in this super awesome contraption built only to help me stand. There are handles to pull yourself up,these pads in front of the knees to catch you if you fall, and a seat to catch your butt, too. My PT helped me get settled in this morning, talked me through how it was going to work, and made sure she was supporting my back at least a little, to aid me when I got started. I counted to three, got control of my breathing, rocked back and forth, and swung my hips right up! She helped me tuck my butt in a little, and then I was standing! She released her hands from my back, and I was still standing! My knees kept buckling under me, but the pads were there to catch me, so I just kept adjusting myself. When I would start to get tired, or felt like I was going to lose it, I would sit down, take a breather, gather myself, and pull up again. Eventually, I was able to pull up without her assistance, and I could stay up, and it wasn't uncomfortable!
Next, I had my OT session and after witnessing all that, he decided he wasn't going to risk going easy on me today. He started me off with doing push ups, which I SUCK at! I did have a little assistance, just so I didn't put too much pressure on my back, but I still struggled. He had me practicing my weight bearing on all fours again like I did Sunday, and I struggled to find my balance. Once I did find my balance, I had to rock back and forth, side to side, and then had me climb up the storage again so I was standing on my knees. Still way harder than it sounds. It takes me forever to find my balance, and when I finally do, one leg will decide to give up because it's too tired. After failing so so so many times, I was able to successfully hold on to the storage bin, and I even was able to manage sort of swaying my hips from side to side! After all that torture, I still had to lift weights, and we went up in weights, so I'm already stronger!
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD!
Lunch time came around, so I was able to rest for a little bit. PT came back to get me and asked me the golden question, "Do you want to walk?" Um, yes please! We got into the gym, she pulled out this harness machine, and got me all set up in the harness, and situated some braces on my legs. When I'm all hooked up, the equipment holds me right up so I can't fall over. One person stands in front to guide the machine forward, and one person stands behind me to help me if needed. She talked me through everything, and then it was time. "Bear the weight on this leg, okay kick that leg out. Now bear the weight on this leg, and kick that leg out..." The whole time, talking me through every step, actual step. You guys....I WALKED! With some assistance, of course, but it's walking! My legs were moving strictly from the muscles in my thighs, so I had to push and kick really, REALLY hard, but they moved! And the first few steps, my feet just kinda plopped where ever, but by the end of it, I had a bit more control and was able to plop my feet where I sort of needed them. After about half and hour, and maybe 20 steps, I was way past exhausted.
Everything is just going to keep getting better from here, y'all. My PT just couldn't stop telling me how proud she is of me, how incredible today was, and how inspiring I am, and of course I couldn't help but to tear up a little. Everything is just turning out so much better than I could have ever imagined. I was already so ready to kick some butt, and get better, and I'm just so amazed at how awesome everything is coming together! I will be out of here in no time!
Thank y'all so much for being on this journey with me, overwhelming with all of your love, motivatiation, and support. It makes such a difference! Much love!

Wow! That's AWESOME! I am so happy things are going well :)

This post is not as happy as my last one.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

I need to report that at about four pm this afternoon, my son in law's sister Tracey passed from this life.

This statement seems too simple. But I don't know what else to say at this time.

Rob, I am so sorry for your loss, my heartfelt love and prayers go out to you and to your family along with hers.

Rabbits Rabbits Patriotic White Rabbits!

6a00d8341bfd0953ef015433659009970c-300wi.jpg

Looks like the Episcopalians are voting on some important things today... Let's hope there can be more celebration!

Most of that stuff is the equivalent of "Inside Baseball." Important to a few, meaningless to most.

I've really been down on General Convention this year. We're still doing what Bp Barbara Harris accused us of doing in 1992, rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Jesus yawns, looks elsewhere.

That earthquake must have shook me up a little bit, pardon the pun. I had a dream about bad storms with water spouts and all sorts of quite dramatic weather.

I kinda got the chorus for Bare Necessities.

I'm still working on the rest.

Code:
Chorus:

[G7] (pick the D "Look', F "for", then B "the" notes from the chord?)
Look for the... 
[C] bare ne[C7]cessities, the [F] simple bare ne[F7]cessities,
For[C]get about your [A7] worries, and your [D7] strife,  [G7]
I mean, the... [C] bare ne[C7]cessities, ol' [F] Mother Nature's [F7] recipes,
That [C] bring the [A7] bare ne[D7]cessi[G7]ties of [C] life! [F7]  [C]

I'm still not completely happy with it as a whole.
I'm also thinking about making some of those F7s into Fms.

Maybe someone has something better?

I will note in this article it says that the UMC bars it... This is not entirely true... It's mostly also by conference... But it's also only civil unions much like what the Episcopalians are doing right now... The movement in the UMC is also very grassroots... Our annual conference for the denomination as a whole is next year, we're hoping that talks change by then...

I came to Kansas from the San Francisco area. We began our inquiry there (of necessity) in the 1970s. With the exception of blessing of unions (and there were plenty of "work arounds" for that) we'd reached full inclusion on a local level. Coming to Kansas I had to tell them that NONE of the of the consequences they feared had come to pass. The Holy Ghost kept showing up when we called. Our congregations continued to thrive. Hell, the big earthquake hadn't even happened. But truly, I'd be happier if the Church were less concerned with "issues" and more concerned with the spiritual progress of souls toward reconciliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom