::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are beach tags?

New Jersey beaches require you to purchase a small plastic tag to use the beaches there. You pin it to your bathing suit or whatever so the arbiters of all that's good can see that you've paid. You have to buy them even if you live there, although you can buy a full-season pass which is dramatically cheaper than buying daily passes. High school kids get summer jobs hanging out on the beach all day, selling tags. I've never seen anyone arrested or anything for not having a tag; they just make you buy one.

My Union Jack leggings should be in today. I hope they aren't see through and I can find something to match it. I am going for total tacky for one night in the UK! I have no tracking for my Union Jack sequin type dress.

New Jersey beaches require you to purchase a small plastic tag to use the beaches there. You pin it to your bathing suit or whatever so the arbiters of all that's good can see that you've paid. You have to buy them even if you live there, although you can buy a full-season pass which is dramatically cheaper than buying daily passes. High school kids get summer jobs hanging out on the beach all day, selling tags. I've never seen anyone arrested or anything for not having a tag; they just make you buy one.

I figured it was something like that. My parents joined a country club, when I was a kid. I use to have to pin a tag to my swimsuit. It wasn't a hoity toity country club, it was on the west side, near Speedway. It's closed and deserted now. It's a depressing site. I hate seeing the west side of Indianapolis in such decline.

One night, while I was still living at home, we were all woken up in the middle of the night by what sounded like a little girl screaming. Like, imminent death kind of scream. It was just my mom, Grandmom, and me. We all got flashlights and ran outside because we kept hearing that horrible scream.

We traced it back to the chicken coop. My mom had a woofle ball bat, my grandmom had her cane, and I had a field hockey stick. We were ready! My grandmom flung open the chicken coop door and my mom ran in swinging. One of the hens flew out and scratched my head in the commotion. Standing in the middle of the chicken coop, my mom was face to face with...

...a peacock. It was sitting on one of the chicken perch things. We all kind of stood there staring, then the peacock opened it's beak and that horrible little girl being murdered sound came out of it's throat. I had no idea such a gorgeous creature could make such a god awful noise.

It lived with my mom's chickens for a few weeks, then went back to wherever it came from.

It would make that horrible squawk at all hours. It was SO loud. It would cut right into the irritated portion of your brain and you'd be startled awake out of a dead sleep. I had a dumb rooster that perched under my window and he would randomly crow, that never bugged me.

...but that peacock squawk. Oh. Em. Gee.

One night, while I was still living at home, we were all woken up in the middle of the night by what sounded like a little girl screaming. Like, imminent death kind of scream. It was just my mom, Grandmom, and me. We all got flashlights and ran outside because we kept hearing that horrible scream.

We traced it back to the chicken coop. My mom had a woofle ball bat, my grandmom had her cane, and I had a field hockey stick. We were ready! My grandmom flung open the chicken coop door and my mom ran in swinging. One of the hens flew out and scratched my head in the commotion. Standing in the middle of the chicken coop, my mom was face to face with...

...a peacock. It was sitting on one of the chicken perch things. We all kind of stood there staring, then the peacock opened it's beak and that horrible little girl being murdered sound came out of it's throat. I had no idea such a gorgeous creature could make such a god awful noise.

It lived with my mom's chickens for a few weeks, then went back to wherever it came from.

It would make that horrible squawk at all hours. It was SO loud. It would cut right into the irritated portion of your brain and you'd be startled awake out of a dead sleep. I had a dumb rooster that perched under my window and he would randomly crow, that never bugged me.

...but that peacock squawk. Oh. Em. Gee.

Yep. It's an awful sound. Can you imagine what it would be like to have a few?

When I lived in Indy, I had a horse. I had to board it, since I lived in an apartment. The boarding place was a really large farm and they had a peacock. It was a silent one. I never heard it make a peep. But it would scare me. It would fly up to the rafters of the barn (I don't know if they are called rafters in a barn). It would freak me out to see him up there. Staring down.

Kit foxes crying is another one.

They often sit in our front yard at night because it's sheltered by shrubs. Their cry really used to wig out Ninja Cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom