::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was... 2,000 lbs... no lie... 2,000 lbs... HOLY CRAP! Or at least that is what it says, but if they are a little more than 1 lbs each, then I guess with the pallet that is right.

I.

Am.

Exhausted.

I made my driveway where it circles around. For some reason he could not drop the lift gate near the side closest to my storage, so he did it on the far side.
So, it is a decent walk. Then I was carrying them 2 bundles of 20 at a time. So 40. Of the smallest size. Then the other size which is just 2 inches deeper was enough to cut into my arms, but no biggie. I could still handle it. Then I got to the largest size and it was cutting so badly into my arms that it was starting to turn into a really gross rugburn and about to bleed and it hurt so I finally quit doing that and had to do one bundle at a time. Got 45 bundles. So that is 45 trips back and forth. And most are being stored on top shelves so I lifted them over my head. I did one pallet of the smallest size yesterday. 400 boxes. But today did 1340 boxes. Back and forth, back and forth. According to my heart rate monitor watch I did 3 hours 20 minutes and 1800 calories.

Also moved the pallets and burned the trash.

So... yeah... Feeling accomplished but down-right pooped. Now I have a lot of orders to do. Plus some classroom orders that is quite extensive going out tomorrow. I wont finish those today.

But play rehearsal tonight, so hooray! It is something I really look forward to!

Anyway, yeah, those suckers are heavy, but I bought so many on purpose because I am so off the beaten path that I hope these last me a long time. Easier to ship them all freighted in one chunk.

You needed a hand truck that opens wide. Could have done that in 1/3 of the time.

I could use an 805 right now :)

I'd rather be teaching than sitting here in professional development!

A ukulele

An ukulele

Jon, which one is correct?

Last edited:
A ukulele

An ukulele

Jon, which ones correct?

a + singular noun beginning with a consonant: a boy; a car; a bike; a zoo; a dog
an + singular noun beginning with a vowel: an elephant; an egg; an apple; an idiot; an orphan
a + singular noun beginning with a consonant sound: a user (sounds like 'yoo-zer,' i.e. begins with a consonant 'y' sound, so 'a' is used); a university; a unicycle
an + nouns starting with silent "h": an hour
a + nouns starting with a pronounced "h": a horse

In some cases where "h" is pronounced, such as "historical," you can use an. However, a is more commonly used and preferred.

A ukulele

An ukulele

Jon, which one is correct?

a + singular noun beginning with a consonant: a boy; a car; a bike; a zoo; a dog
an + singular noun beginning with a vowel: an elephant; an egg; an apple; an idiot; an orphan
a + singular noun beginning with a consonant sound: a user (sounds like 'yoo-zer,' i.e. begins with a consonant 'y' sound, so 'a' is used); a university; a unicycle
an + nouns starting with silent "h": an hour
a + nouns starting with a pronounced "h": a horse

In some cases where "h" is pronounced, such as "historical," you can use an. However, a is more commonly used and preferred.

In other words, if you say "You ka lay lee" then it is a ukulele.
If you say "oo koo leh leh" then an ukulele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom