::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We once did 2 Ks in one day! GLORIOUS!

Ah, such a glorious day.

Hey all, sorry I haven't been around. Not currently at home but felt like I had to at least post once today and tell you all how much better my life is for having got to know all of you. May drop in tomorrow for a mega catch up... Hope everyone is doing great :)

Ah, such a glorious day.

Hey all, sorry I haven't been around. Not currently at home but felt like I had to at least post once today and tell you all how much better my life is for having got to know all of you. May drop in tomorrow for a mega catch up... Hope everyone is doing great :)

Good to "see" you, Shane!!

Let's see...I included Shane, Kim, Aldrine, and Ryan on the invite on FB. I don't know if I included DeG - I'm not sure he ever has posted here. Sally sent a message to Dom. I don't have Beej, John, Deach, Russ, or Booze on FB. If you got the FB invite please be sure to send it to anybody who's not already on the list. The more the merrier!

I haven't seen RussBuss on FB in a long time. I might see him this weekend.

Ah, such a glorious day.

I miss my little English whipping boy! Welcome home, Shane.

Ah, such a glorious day.

You better! Glad you stopped by!

But it's okay because you only work half a day, AND you get three months off during the summer (paid of course). Not to mention all those holidays.

Let me clarify that for you, Spots. As an elementary school teacher, I am with the children from 7:50 until 3:30. My only "break" is while the children are in specials. During that time, I return phone calls, go to meetings, do paperwork, and make copies on the copier. I eat lunch with my students. We don't even have a bathroom break.

After the kids leave, I get to go to meetings sometimes until 5 or later. I do lesson plans and grade papers and do report cards and other things of that nature during my own time - unpaid. Those things take many hours to do.

I get 7 weeks off during the summer and it is NOT paid. The only way I get a check in the summer is to have my year's pay divided up so that I have money to live on in the "summer". During those 7 weeks, I am out spending MY money buying notebooks and supplies for my classroom and making things that I will need. I also go to school before school starts back to move all of my furniture back in place and get my room ready because we have meetings the first few days back.

As to all those holidays, hm . . . I work on President's Day and Easter Monday and many others. We don't get all those federal holidays that some people think we get.

Just so you know . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom