::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Florida is worse. Florida was the first time I was ever aware of humidity. I stepped off the plane and thought, why am I sweating already?

Now I feel that way every time I step off the plane when visiting Hawaii. :p

There you go. The south east is quite humid. The south east in summer is like a sauna. The south west like an oven.

***WARNING***

If you use a Visconti Traveling Inkwell and a TWSBI pen (even a mini) if you follow the instructions to empty the pen into the inkwell then draw ink back into the pen the inkwell will blow off the pen. Much significant cleaning of the mother-in-law's kitchen ensues. Not to mention the splashes on shirt, pants, legs, arms, hands, &c. Billy Mays better be right about that Oxy Clean.

This does not happen with crayons.

And oxy clean works great on blood stains.

Went to Walmart yesterday for cheap school supplies. I hate that place, it really does attract the scum of the Earth. If the cops want to get rid of meth in Indiana, they should just follow people home from Walmart.

We were returning something the other day and I would swear that the lady in line in front of us was on something... She was all bug eyed and had this weird glazed over look... I was freaked out!

Good morning kids. 1st morning on the road. La Quinta hotel room. 5 people and two dogs. Small room. We all just ate the typical free breakfast included with the room and are kicking back for a few minutes before packing the van back up. Wendy's doing yoga, Penny rubbed my back some. I'm so very sore from driving 12 hours yesterday. I hadn't slept the night before so I crashed at 7 last night and slept 12 hours. I'm feeling okay. We'll at least make it to Oregon today, but I'm not going to push myself. Yesterday was way too much.

Good morning kids. 1st morning on the road. La Quinta hotel room. 5 people and two dogs. Small room. We all just ate the typical free breakfast included with the room and are kicking back for a few minutes before packing the van back up. Wendy's doing yoga, Penny rubbed my back some. I'm so very sore from driving 12 hours yesterday. I hadn't slept the night before so I crashed at 7 last night and slept 12 hours. I'm feeling okay. We'll at least make it to Oregon today, but I'm not going to push myself. Yesterday was way too much.

I'm afraid that if I didn't get any/much sleep and then tried to drive twelve hours we'd be the stars of "Film at Eleven".
A little mojo for a safe trip for the Red Birds, coming your way.

We can't wash our cars. You get fined.

You can go to a carwash though, can't you? Because they use all sorts of recycling of water and all that? Or is Northern California just a land of filthy cars these days?

I'm still relatively new to this, but every time I fill a pen and have an open bottle of ink on the table, I'm nervous as hell. It feels like an accident waiting to happen. I have one of those small bottles of Diamine that's narrow and slightly tall, and I've almost knocked it over a few times. I love the ink, but I'll never buy that bottle again.

Me too. I am terribly clumsy - I haven't spilled a bottle yet, but the day is coming. I just hope it's not my iron gall when it does happen - I can't imagine that stuff cooperating in the wash...

If I didn't want to get my pen all yucky, would it work if I used a syringe to fill it then put it into the pen?

Absolutely. There are some people who only fill them that way - they'll even use empty cartridges and just keep refilling them with syringes.

Don't be, filling a pen from a bottle is a piece of cake, especially with a converter. If you're nervous, put some newspaper down on your table-- you probably won't drip, but you'll feel better. Have a paper towel or two to clean off your nib after you're done filling, and you'll be all good. Getting a good fill in a converter is easy, because you can actually see the ink go in (with old-school lever-fill pens, you sort of have to guess as to when the pen is full). From the time you open your bottle of ink to the time you're writing happily away is less than a minute.

This too - the ink wipes off the pen very easily. Fill, wipe, done.

I think Florida is worse. Florida was the first time I was ever aware of humidity. I stepped off the plane and thought, why am I sweating already?

Now I feel that way every time I step off the plane when visiting Hawaii. :p

We had a family reunion on Cape Cod in 2000 - I don't think the temp ever got above 80, the the humidity was so high it just felt gross. Everything was damp - even the sheets on the beds.

I'm afraid that if I didn't get any/much sleep and then tried to drive twelve hours we'd be the stars of "Film at Eleven".
A little mojo for a safe trip for the Red Birds, coming your way.
yeah, normally I wouldn't but it just kind of happened. I drank a crapton of coffee yesterday.

You can go to a carwash though, can't you? Because they use all sorts of recycling of water and all that? Or is Northern California just a land of filthy cars these days?

I washed my van two days ago. No idea. I haven't heard any restrictions down here except for automatic sprinklers only being allowed on Mondays and Fridays.

Our kids don't start back until the Tuesday after Labor Day.

I think that sounds awesome, but Naomi would hate that. Once Her sports camps and VBS are done, she starts missing school. I still have stuff planned for her, but it's just little things. We are going to tour the new Mormon Temple, go to an Indians baseball game, go paint some pottery, and attend a wedding. Plus, we hope to go swimming some. We may go to the Colombia Park Zoo, but not sure yet.

Cirrhosis, diabetes, and chronic kidney disease. All stuff that won't go away but can be managed.
Well I'm glad that she has you to help her. Sounds like she has good support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom