::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mice are all different and what one mouse doesn't like another one seems to love. One will hate Irish Spring soap, and another will eat half the bar. One will run from peppermint, and another will build a nest with the cotton ball.

I've had good success with a multi-pronged approach.

- seal all small holes, etc. to the house with caulk, steel wool, etc.
- use a good quality (not purchased at Target or Home Depot) ultrasonic deterrent (I've had good success with Yard Sentinel)
- use aromatic repellants such as Cab Fresh, peppermints, etc.
- last line of defense = traps

Did the steel wool thing to every place I could find. Will the ultrasonic thing affect the cat?

Wait. You have mice in your bunker?! I guess they are bomb proof but nothing is mouse proof!

The Victor electronic traps work very well, and they don't "miss" like spring traps can.

Don't use glue traps. Glue traps are inhumane and have been outlawed in many countries due to cruelty.

In reality there is no such thing as a humane way to kill something. There are just faster, slower, and botched ways. The electronic traps are fast and effective.

I hate glue traps. When I had the first snake in my house, the exterminator put them down. Caught a mouse but no snake. I hate those things.

I'll go research the Victor traps.

It's hard not to get visibly mad when someone intentionally hurts your kid. BUT, I'm aware that my kid is watching how I handle things, so I try to make it a teachable moment, and coach her on how to handle it. It normally works out. Last week was bad. I had to contact the school.

Agreed! I have a hard time with this sometimes...

Ewww! Then I have to see the dead thing!!! And what if it doesn't kill it or just catches it by the tail?!?!?! Then I have a mouse looking at me ready for revenge!!!

YUCK!!

Wonder if I could rent a tiger? A tiger could eat lots of mice . . .

Tigers also bring them to you as offerings... Seriously, it's creepy but which is worse? Having a mouse in your house or a dead mouse in the garbage?

stop rubbing your nose on your steak.

Have had pet rats my entire married life. First thing I teach new rat owner is to never poke food thru the bars of the cage. Then when you poke your finger in they don't think its food. It's seems like a simple thing but most people don't even think about it.

Yep. That's a good standard, with any animal in a cage or crate. Esp parrots, ferrets and rats.

Mice are all different and what one mouse doesn't like another one seems to love. One will hate Irish Spring soap, and another will eat half the bar. One will run from peppermint, and another will build a nest with the cotton ball.

I've had good success with a multi-pronged approach.

- seal all small holes, etc. to the house with caulk, steel wool, etc.
- use a good quality (not purchased at Target or Home Depot) ultrasonic deterrent (I've had good success with Yard Sentinel)
- use aromatic repellants such as Cab Fresh, peppermints, etc.
- last line of defense = traps

But if you live in a bunker, shouldn't it be impenetrable?

I've been tracking a FedEx package. It's on a delivery truck now, in Lafayette. Woohoo! I wish I knew how early it will actually be here.

I ordered a camp stove for UWC and it arrived from REI the next day by UPS.

Amazing. Plus, a lot of three-lettered acronyms!

Ewww! Then I have to see the dead thing!!! And what if it doesn't kill it or just catches it by the tail?!?!?! Then I have a mouse looking at me ready for revenge!!!

YUCK!!

Wonder if I could rent a tiger? A tiger could eat lots of mice . . .

Snap traps won't catch a mouse by the tail, unless he eats with his tail. They show that in cartoons because they don't want to acknowledge what they really do. They're designed to snap mousie's neck, and that's what they do, when they work. As mentioned earlier, there is no nice way to kill a critter, and this is at least fast and reliable, and the mouse won't see it coming.

I used catch-and-release traps in my old house, where we had quite the infestation. I would carry the mice blocks away and then watch them run as fast as they could back to the house when I released them.

Snap traps won't catch a mouse by the tail, unless he eats with his tail. They show that in cartoons because they don't want to acknowledge what they really do. They're designed to snap mousie's neck, and that's what they do, when they work. As mentioned earlier, there is no nice way to kill a critter, and this is at least fast and reliable, and the mouse won't see it coming.

I used catch-and-release traps in my old house, where we had quite the infestation. I would carry the mice blocks away and then watch them run as fast as they could back to the house when I released them.

Wait. What?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom