::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, Rob!

6:45 on a Saturday morning. I have class at 8 so I'd better get moving. The sooner I get moving and get to class, the sooner I can head home. 1pm can't come soon enough! Then I am officially on spring break from work and seminary for a whole week!!!

Morning, Rob!

6:45 on a Saturday morning. I have class at 8 so I'd better get moving. The sooner I get moving and get to class, the sooner I can head home. 1pm can't come soon enough! Then I am officially on spring break from work and seminary for a whole week!!!

Well happy spring break to you. At one pm.

I was looking at the Side By Side song.
The bridge part is interesting. To me at least. The chords are all sevenths and each one is a forth above the previous chord. E7, A7, D7 and G7.

[E7] Through all kinds of weather,
[A7] What if the sky should fall;
Just as [D7] long as we're together,
It [G7] really doesn't matter at all.

Or you could look at it the other direction and they are all a fifth below the previous chord.

I'm always looking for patterns, as a memory tool.

This is what I think about early Saturday morning.

Overprotective mom update.

At 9:30 on the dot she came to the front door wanting to be let in to find her son. No ID, wouldn't give his name etc. we can't let a strange adult wander around the kids. He doesn't come to the door right away. Two minutes later she is sniffling and saying it was a bad idea to let him go to prom, seven minutes after that she is balling inconsolably that she is going to lose her son.

It was so disturbing!

I have no words, just WOW

Have you played Rook (I think it's rook) lately?

I played a few weeks ago. Drew my favorite partner, so it was fun. We got 2nd place (out of 4 teams... ha... but still 2nd place)

It is funny because I hear people in cities talk about nightlife. We have community bingo where you can win a chocolate bunny or a candle, and Rook.

I love your hair! I have seen some of your uke sample videos. When I see your hair, I want to chop mine off! I use to have a very short pixie cut that I loved. I have had many short haircuts but the pixie cut was my fave. I like having long hair but it's a lot to maintain. I had dreadlocks once. Lol Talk about low maintenance.

Thanks! I was thinking about dreadlocks. They would be so short for awhile. But at the same time, I love being able to change my hair color willy nilly. And my hair my hold it if bleached white. But at the same time, what I have going on is so easy to change the color on. And if I bleach and let my hair grow out some, it ends up by the 3rd of 4th time getting rubbery and breakable.

The story behind my hair cut. I had wanted my hair short for SO LONG. I would wear it like chin length short, but never short short. I wanted to try it for so long. Just scared to death to do it. And then I would ask hairdressers to do it and they would talk me out of it.

When Aloha Snow (my Ice Cream shop that did terrible that led to Mim's Ukes though) closed, it was quite a feeling of failure in my life. It was something I worked hard for with nothing to show for it besides debt.
I had gained weight, just felt blah about myself, and just needed a change. And I was doing a total flip in one month and diving head first into Mim's Ukes. And I kept half jokingly saying, "I am going to close the doors, then I am going to chop my hair all off and dye it blonde." Expecting #1 Levi to not believe me and #2 for him to talk me out of it. When he said, "Why not?" I was like... ok... I NEED this! I am going to do it! He said he would bleach it for me.

He said if I was going to do it I was not allowed to do my typical Great Clips things I do and I needed to get a decent haircut. So I paid for a $35 person (which for me is just, lots), and came in with 2 hairstyles I printed out. One was more of a longer short cut that is usually what hairdressers would talk me into and the other was short short. She actually was more apt to talk me into it and said, "Look, I will cut it to the length of this first cut, but I think you will like this shorter better." Sure enough, she cut it to the first length, looked at it, and said "You don't want this, you just don't, lets go with the short short cut." AND I LOVED IT! So freeing. Then I did the blonde thing. So much fun! THEN, we moved to the mountains and the only place to really get my hair done was 40 minutes away. And I got lazy one day and told Levi "I am taking a 1 inch guard to my hair" (it was NEVER that short, not even close). I waited for him to talk me out of It and he didn't. And I went into the bathroom and cut my own hair.

So, essentially my haircut is a 1 inch guard cut all over, I just make sure I leave some sideburn whispies to give it a feminine touch. And I like it once it grows out about 2-3 weeks so I plan my haircuts around events. Like I will cut it 2 weeks before Grand Northern, dye it a week later, and then it should be still at a good cut and dye by UWC. Whenever I think about going back to longer hair, I just don't see it happening. Well, anytime soon. I am very grey. VERY grey. But not ready to be grey. (I am more salt than pepper, in my Koaloha demos I am wearing a hat, because I just cut it, I have blue on the tips, but the rest is grey... it is pretty, but ages me a lot).

Ok, that was a lot of info, but yeah, the point is... I do love my short hair.

not too sure about his sense of humor, so no, I didnt.

When I had my babies, I always fell in love with the Anesthesiologist that gave me my epidural and would often make proclamations of how much he was my best friend and how we would be friends forever! I was trying to go as natural as possible with Nolan, but they had to induce me a month early and it made the contractions come so quick and hurt SO BAD. My mom was so embarrassed when I started proclaiming my love for the Anesthesiologist.

True story.....
Was about to do a colonoscopy on an 80 yo man. He turned to me and said. "Doc, just want you to know you're the first...."
I cracked up!

Bwah ha ha ha! I love it!!!

My dad apparently woke up from anesthesia telling the nurses that since they made him take off his underwear he was sure they took advantage of him.
He was loopy. My dad would NEVER say stuff like that.
My mom wanted to crawl into a hole.

Overprotective mom update.

At 9:30 on the dot she came to the front door wanting to be let in to find her son. No ID, wouldn't give his name etc. we can't let a strange adult wander around the kids. He doesn't come to the door right away. Two minutes later she is sniffling and saying it was a bad idea to let him go to prom, seven minutes after that she is balling inconsolably that she is going to lose her son.

It was so disturbing!

Whoa... wow.

Holy cow.

Ok caught up... I need to work now. You guys, I was having PANIC ATTACKS because suddenly sales got really slow. Painfully slow. Suddenly... BOOM! I am breathless with order! I will take it... just wish it was a little more spread out. Haha! So I will probably be working until the last post office closes at 2:30 (there is this one trailer of a post office, 10 minutes past my normal post office, that is only open 2 hours a day in the week, but is open until 2:30pm on the weekend... it is the strangest thing. No post office in Charlotte the CITY was open that late... but this one random po-dunk squeaky floor post office is)

::A big snip:: I have blue on the tips, but the rest is grey... it is pretty, but ages me a lot).

Ok, that was a lot of info, but yeah, the point is... I do love my short hair.

Maybe you could do it short and let the natural gray come in. You might like it.
I knew a guy that went gray at twenty years old.

Just a thought...

We are having a bright beautiful morning with blue skies. It's also 16 point something degrees.

It'll be better when Spring gets here... Oh, wait.

We are having a bright beautiful morning with blue skies. It's also 16 point something degrees.

It'll be better when Spring gets here... Oh, wait.
We are cold and rainy, but warm compared to you. Looks like the highland game are going to be a no go today. Hate it for the kids, they have been looking forward to it. Still have son#3's 21st to celebrate though.

Maybe you could do it short and let the natural gray come in. You might like it.
I knew a guy that went gray at twenty years old.

Just a thought...

I try it about once a year to see what it looks like.

Last year it was a no-go. And I did it a couple weeks ago (there was just the blue tips) and it was ok... but it makes me look 10 years older when I am not wearing a hat.

But one day when it gets a bit more silver.

Morning, Rob!

Happy Vacation! Enjoy every minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom