::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a bust, didn't sell any ukes but handed out some business cards. It was still OK because the table was cheap and I ended up seeing a few old friends I haven't seen in years. Only had one lady call them "little geetars", seriously. We ended up coming home early and catching the kid playing Xbox by using the cord from the computer, sneaky little s**.
teenagers can be very resourceful.

Good morning kids. Laying in bed with my two dogs, cozy and warm. So glad I don't have to work today. My bones ache from all the yard work this weekend. Thinking a hot soak in the tub and some yoga this morning will help.

This afternoon the girls and I will be going to the gym for some torture. They've yet to experience it, this will be fun.

Kind of a bust, didn't sell any ukes but handed out some business cards. It was still OK because the table was cheap and I ended up seeing a few old friends I haven't seen in years. Only had one lady call them "little geetars", seriously. We ended up coming home early and catching the kid playing Xbox by using the cord from the computer, sneaky little s**.

I hate it was a bust... but... you never know until you tried.

Hooooo buddy those pre-teen and teen years I am finding suck!

... Hoodoo buddy those pre-teen and teen years I am finding suck!

You mean you don't remember experiencing the pain, agony, and frustration yourself when you went through those years?

Resourceful.

It's all a matter of perspective :)

Project Management rule #1: Always double the amount and add 10%.

You initially think you will need 2 bags of dirt. You will actually end up using 4.25 bags of dirt, so just buy 5 bags on the first trip. If you have unused bags, then you can return what you have not opened.

Hey, at least plants don't require wire crimping tools.

I always tell myself that I don't need to purchase that particular wire crimping tool because I only have a few crimps to do. ALWAYS but the wire crimping tool!!!

Construction projects: Double the number and convert to the next higher unit of measurement. Thus a "3 week" kitchen remodel will actually take 6 months (if you're lucky).

I was thinking about all the different ways I constructed pipes and bongs in high school.

VERY resourceful :)
my son is 20. He goes to work everyday, does most of his chores, sleeps, eats, smokes pot, parties somewhere else with his buddies, and stays under my radar. He has a decent job and pays rent. We don't have much in common at this point in his life. I'm a 54 year old mom and he's a 20 year old, we shouldn't have much in common. But last week I helped him clean his bong.

It's funny the things you bond over.

I hate it was a bust... but... you never know until you tried.

Hooooo buddy those pre-teen and teen years I am finding suck!

If I think about it, I was worse than him at his age (at least as far as I know), but it's still a total bummer when you find you they are lying to you and you can't trust them like you want to.

I think Rangers eye is all healed. I never took him back to check his cornea tear but he seems all better and I've stopped torturing him with the eye goo medicine.

Guess it's time for a new avatar. Something from UWC seems appropriate.

If I think about it, I was worse than him at his age (at least as far as I know), but it's still a total bummer when you find you they are lying to you and you can't trust them like you want to.

But he does know right from wrong. He shows remorse. You and Tookta have taught him properly by example. And remember all those years he wasn't with you two help shape him in many ways.

But the remorse thing is important. Kids that don't show genuine remorse are the scary ones.

But he does know right from wrong. He shows remorse. You and Tookta have taught him properly by example. And remember all those years he wasn't with you two help shape him in many ways.

But the remorse thing is important. Kids that don't show genuine remorse are the scary ones.

I tried talking with him about it and got a lot of "I dunno" and not much else. He finally admitted he feels sad about it.

Same here. When I choose which fests to vend, it has a lot to do with who I will see and get to hang out with. As a vendor I really should not stay up until 3-4am jamming with friends, but I do!
That's when all the good stuff happens

How about the kids that are so good you have to tell them to break the rules once in a while.

Adult: "Why do you keep turning the music down and then up?"
Young Teen: "Because they are saying bad words."
Adult: "Sweetie, thank you for being so good, but you need to learn to be more independent. Sometimes you learn that by not doing what we've told you to do."
Young Teen: "But that would be wrong."
Adult: "Listen to me. I'm telling you to stop listening to me all the time."

I tried talking with him about it and got a lot of "I dunno" and not much else. He finally admitted he feels sad about it.

Ah yes, the "I dunno" years!!!! I know some young 20 somethings that are still in them.

"Why didn't you show up for work?"
"I dunno."
"Ok. You're fired."
"Why are you firing me?"
"I dunno."

Yup. Happened to a young 20 something I know. He thought he could take off as many days from work as he wanted as long as he found someone to fill his shift. His boss told him that he obviously didn't need the money so there was no need to come back to work anymore.

That's when all the good stuff happens

Amen to that. I have a terrible time making myself go to bed. And then if I sleep in I'm afraid I'll miss the awesome breakfasts on the field.

That being said, I loved where we set up our tents last year on the field Mandi. I could lie in bed and still watch the stage.

Amen to that. I have a terrible time making myself go to bed. And then if I sleep in I'm afraid I'll miss the awesome breakfasts on the field.

That being said, I loved where we set up our tents last year on the field Mandi. I could lie in bed and still watch the stage.

Tents? Who sleeps in tents??!!!

In tents you can hear things that are "out there". People can see shadows you cast on the tent walls at night. People can just walk right in at any time!!!!

Tents are very scary.

I think it's funny to be at a campground full of tents and watch the folks in Class A motor homes lock their doors. Really? 300 people around you are sleeping in a fabric room with nothing but zippers holding things shut, and you lock the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom