::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The juvenile red tail hawk that fledged in our neighborhood a couple months ago was found on the ground in our yard today. He was alive and physically uninjured but was not doing well. I called a raptor rescue and rehabilitation group and someone came and got him very quickly. He had lost a lot of weight and was essentially starving.

I'll find out in a couple days how he is doing.

Aww, bummer. I hope he survives.

I spent the day changing a window. Got it out and the new one in, sealed up and water tight. The interior work will be for another day.

I was flossing this evening and popped off a crown. Looks like the dentist will make some more money.

...I was flossing this evening and popped off a crown. Looks like the dentist will make some more money.

Floss was invented by the dental association as a way to increase their workload.

Tonight's uke cruise was lots of fun! I haven't played that much in months! The weather looked threatening, for a while, but we didn't get rained on. We sat on the upper level of the boat, and sang and played for two hours as the boat went up and down the canal. Folks on the banks, bridges and canal paths seemed glad to see (if not hear) us.

There was a local newspaper reporter on board, and I got interviewed, as did many others, I suppose. I wonder when that article will run in the paper? I should have asked.

My friend's daughter LOVED her minion hat, and the fact that we all sang her Happy Birthday. Her older sister got some good pictures, and my buddy says he'll e-mail them to me in the morning. When he does, I'll try to post them here....

And there we have it :)

Went to the Polynesian Cultural Center today. They have a new little shopping center there. I went in to the "General Store" and they had a large display of Kala ukuleles, ukadelic on one side and watermans on the other. I picked up a waterman, horribly out of tune. Checked all the others, same deal. So I tuned one up and started playing it, I wanted to see how they sounded and played. Lady running store says, "Hey, you're really good!". I said, "You should keep them tuned, you might sell more.". She muttered something about kids coming in and detuning them. Yeah. Right. I kinda liked it, but maybe needs better strings.

Last edited:
Went to the Polynesian Cultural Center today. They have a new little shopping center there. I went in to the "General Store" and they had a large display of Kala ukuleles, ukadelic on one side and watermans on the other. I picked up a waterman, horribly out of tune. Checked all the others, same deal. So I tuned one up and started playing it, I wanted to see how they sounded and played. Lady running store says, "Hey, you're really good!". I said, "You should keep them tuned, you might sell more.". She muttered something about kids coming in and detuning them. Yeah. Right. I kinda liked it, but maybe needs better strings.

I just put some PhD's on the one I bought James. Sounds much better and louder. It's re-entrant because I figured a low g would be too floppy and it's a soprano. It's a lot of fun to play.

James wanted to fill it with sand and take it into the pool.

I just put some PhD's on the one I bought James. Sounds much better and louder. It's re-entrant because I figured a low g would be too floppy and it's a soprano. It's a lot of fun to play.

James wanted to fill it with sand and take it into the pool.

The uke is the same price as two sets of SouthCoast strings. How can you go wrong?! :)

I just put high G PhDs on my uke. I am happy again.

I re-strung it a month or so with a re-entrant Southcoast set and my high A string snapped. I think slotted headstocks are a little picky and you have to pay a little more attention to technique. My new guitar has a slotted headstock so I better follow instructions LOL.

Anyway, I took the high g string, used it as my A string and used a La Bella classical guitar D string as my low G. The whole time I played it I thought my uke sounded dead. I started looking at new ukes and debated selling it.

I put the high G strings back on and I'm happy again. UAS gone!

Well I finally finished working. I took a break from 6 pm to 10 pm. Started back up at 10 pm and I've finally finished (finished around 2:30 am). It's been a long day.

I have to be back at the office for an 8:30 meeting. I actually need to go in for that one, so I think I'm going to be a zombie all day.

Shoot. Typing this just made me realize that I have one more thing to do. I guess I'm not going to bed yet. :(

I'll have to play quietly so as not to wake up Nick.

Code:
[CENTER]Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Bob Dylan (1962)[/CENTER]

Well, it [C] ain't no use to [G] sit and wonder [Am] why, babe 
[F] If'n you don't know by [G7] now 
And it [C]ain't no use to [G] sit and wonder [Am] why, babe 
[D7] It don't matter any [G] how
When that [C] rooster crows at the [C7] break of dawn 
[F] Look out your window and [D7] I'll be gone 
[C] You're the [G] reason I'm [Am] traveling [F] on 
[C] Don't think [G] twice, it's all [C] right 

An' it [C] ain't no use in [G] turnin' on your [Am] light, babe