::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog is a morning dog. He is just use to our schedule. I really don't need an alarm. It's like he has a built in alarm clock.

He also loves waking Naomi up. Every morning, I let him in her room and get gets on her bed and wakes her up. It's funny.

I turn cans in, occassionally. Sometimes, I give them away. I got $65 bucks once, and it felt like Christmas. We spent it all at on art supplies. The only bad thing is accumulating trash bags full of cans takes up a lot of residence in the barn. I know the lady at the recycle place & I can't imagine what she thought when she seen that many beer cans. She laughed when I told her they weren't mine. It's actually the nicest scrap yard I have ever been to, & it's the only one that I will go to alone. She says they keep it nice so that women feel comfy going there.

Oregon has a 5 cent deposit on cans and bottles - in fact, Oregon was the first state to have a deposit. BUT, stores are only required to take a maximum of 144 cans/bottles back at a time, so it doesn't pay to save up for a long time. I'm usually the one to take them back - it's kind of fun.

That is one of the few things I still have trouble dealing with.

I am the family pukemaster. I can handle it with aplomb. More than once I have stood there, crying child in my arms, puke all over the rest of us, while Sheryl is running to get towels to make a path to a bathroom so I can rinse both of us off without leaving a puke trail behind.

I've always been able to track Smartpost shipments - the Fedex site will track them until they reach the post office - then the same tracking number will work on the USPS site to track them to your home.

I even bought a couple of fountain pens direct from Japan and China - I was able to track them on both the Japanese and Chinese postal sites and then use the same tracking number with the USPS to watch them once they entered the USPS system. It was pretty cool that the different services are using each other's tracking formats to allow us to watch the packages move throughout different systems.

but that only works if the post office people bother to update it which I found to be very iffy.

How many of your ukes have slight nicks and dings in them? I don't mean splits and cracks.

Personally, I view nicks and dings in an instrument as evidence that it was used and played often, and in general has experienced being an instrument.

I have teased Sukie about the dings in her Moore Bettah - but really, it shows how much she plays it and loves it.

Oregon has a 5 cent deposit on cans and bottles - in fact, Oregon was the first state to have a deposit. BUT, stores are only required to take a maximum of 144 cans/bottles back at a time, so it doesn't pay to save up for a long time. I'm usually the one to take them back - it's kind of fun.

I remember taking bottles back to the grocery store. I don't know of any grocery stores that take them now. I take the cans to the scrap yard.

Bella is nocturnal, that dog sleeps all day, everyday.

She loves her midnight deer hunts!! I think most dogs would be nocturnal if they were allowed. If I let my dog loose at night, the coyotes would get him.

Yeah, my idea to do this was a selfish one. I've been wanting to come here for years. But I realized yesterday how cool this is for Penny. She's my animal girl, always has been. I remember when she was little and she was playing with pets my GF who had been a vet tech commenting, "she's good with animals, she's got good hands". Im excited to have her meet Tracy, the goat lady at UWC. I follow her goat farm page on FB and would love to send Penny there for a month to volunteer.
And getting to stay in a motel together, we're having fun!

To this day I wish I'd spent a summer (or more!) with my great uncle on his farm. He had cows, pigs, and chickens as well as wheat and soybeans. He was the sweetest guy. Never had kids. I used to dream about spending the summer with him. I finally told my parents about it when I was in my 20s - my mom said, "Why didn't you say something??? Glenn would have LOVED it!" Sigh.

The required tags on the beach thing still perplexes this beach girl. It's. Just. Weird.

Same here. Beach and beach access is 100% public and free in Oregon. State law. If there is a beach there has to be free access to it; nobody can restrict access and it is always free.

This is how we made money as kids, collecting returnable bottles, and taking down to the store.

I am the family pukemaster. I can handle it with aplomb. More than once I have stood there, crying child in my arms, puke all over the rest of us, while Sheryl is running to get towels to make a path to a bathroom so I can rinse both of us off without leaving a puke trail behind.

everyone has their super power, that is definitely not mine.

I remember taking bottles back to the grocery store. I don't know of any grocery stores that take them now. I take the cans to the scrap yard.

bottles aren't returnable anymore like they used to be, everything is just recycled now.

To this day I wish I'd spent a summer (or more!) with my great uncle on his farm. He had cows, pigs, and chickens as well as wheat and soybeans. He was the sweetest guy. Never had kids. I used to dream about spending the summer with him. I finally told my parents about it when I was in my 20s - my mom said, "Why didn't you say something??? Glenn would have LOVED it!" Sigh.

From the age of 9, I spent every summer at "Orchard School" with my great-uncles. Kind of a drag between the ages of 15-18 at the time, but some of my most treasured memories today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom