::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the rear brakes are all done, and the front ones are about half done. I need to wait until tomorrow morning for the parts place to get me the correct front brake pads before I can finish.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm saving myself about $200 by doing it myself, I'd let somebody else do them. I used to really enjoy doing this stuff. Now, not nearly as much.

I've worked through dinner time. I'm not going to cook, now. I'm going to go out and grab something quick....

Same here. Beach and beach access is 100% public and free in Oregon. State law. If there is a beach there has to be free access to it; nobody can restrict access and it is always free.

Same here. There are people who bend the law though. Things like posting huge signs that say "Private Road" and "Private Property" all over. Private Road just means that it is not maintained by the state - not that you may not use it. Sometimes they also will provide beach access, but no parking, so as long as you don't mind walking for miles (sometimes) then you are free to use that beach!

The only beaches that you truly cannot go to in Hawaii are those located on military bases.

Same here. There are people who bend the law though. Things like posting huge signs that say "Private Road" and "Private Property" all over. Private Road just means that it is not maintained by the state - not that you may not use it. Sometimes they also will provide beach access, but no parking, so as long as you don't mind walking for miles (sometimes) then you are free to use that beach!

The only beaches that you truly cannot go to in Hawaii are those located on military bases.

Interesting. I figured there were private beaches, as well as public.

We had a nice weekend.
Friday night we went to the Canoe Hut and heard some great music. This guy wants to hire Nanilei to bake, so we are going to check that out this week.
Saturday a friend called and invited us over, so we went and ate yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) at his house, that was fun.
Sunday we went to the `Iolani Palace and heard some more great music. It was also a Kama`aina Sunday so we were able to take a tour of the palace for free. It was the first time either Nanilei or I had ever been inside.
Pretty cool place, and very modern for its time (1879). It had electric light and telephone before the White House and Buckingham Palace did. It also had flush toilets and hot and cold running water. The grand staircase made of Koa in the foyer is nothing short of amazing. The overall story of the place is a sad tale, as it was only a eleven years after its completion in 1882 that the Hawaiian monarchy was overthrown. After that the Palace served as Queen Liliuokalani's "prison" and it was used as a state government building until 1969.
There is a music room with a lovely Koa piano as well. In that room are some portraits of Hawaiian Royals. The largest portrait in that room though is a portrait of the French monarch King Louis Phillipe. How's that, oh, here's a gift, a huge picture of myself!

We also saw the jewels and sceptres and crowns and stuff, all really neat! I also liked the digital pocketwatch, made by IWC, a prestigious brand still en vogue today.

Interesting. I figured there were private beaches, as well as public.

No private beaches in California either. They are all public. You can't own a beach here. The military ones you are allowed below the water line. There is a group that walks from San Diego to the Oregon border.

No private beaches in California either. They are all public. You can't own a beach here. The military ones you are allowed below the water line. There is a group that walks from San Diego to the Oregon border.

I had no idea! Learn something new, every day!

I love cats, but I think I'd be nervous if I was around 700 loose cats. I think what she is doing is neat!

I love cats, but I think I'd be nervous if I was around 700 loose cats. I think what she is doing is neat!

I don't think it would make me nervous. I think it would be a wonderful experience. I wish we had a similar opportunity near here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom