::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was beautiful here! We were outside almost all day. We used sun block for the first time this year. Tomorrow's weather won't be as nice.

It's supposed to be much cooler than the last week, in the near future. Much better than we had a week or so before that though. Maybe it will be a cool summer?

It blows my mind how many emails I get with people asking how much is shipping? and/or how long will it take to get my ukulele?, but don't give a location.

Tomorrow Emma and I will be finishing "the cabbage cage". We bought the stuff at Home Depot on Thursday and started the project.

The background: the Bonnie plant company has a contest for 3rd graders every year - see who can grow the largest cabbage (starting, of course, with a Bonnie plant). Emma entered last year and while the cabbage grew well it was first attacked by cabbage butterflies and then Hudson suddenly decided cabbage must be delicious and he destroyed it.

Fortunately for Emma, she is in split classes in school - 2 grades in the classroom. So last year she was in 2/3, but even though she was officially a 2nd grader they let her participate. So this year she's in a 3/4 room and gets to participate again.

We bought all the supplies we need to build a 3x3x3 cube made of 1/4 inch wire mesh that we will put over the top of the cabbage plant to protect it from the butterflies (the mesh is too small for them to get in and lay their eggs) and from Hudson.

Tomorrow we will finish assembling the frame and attach the mesh. Wish us luck!

Sounds like a great father/daughter project! Does Emma let you use any of the tools, or do you pretty much just watch? ;)

That will be me this afternoon . . . UGH!!

You are so close to being done. Start planning your party. Seriously.
Think back to when you started. It seemed like it would take forever. And see how close you are now? You can do this.

Sounds like a great father/daughter project! Does Emma let you use any of the tools, or do you pretty much just watch? ;)

We're using the drill for a lot of it - drilling a hole for the screw, driving the screws in. My old cordless drill has bit the dust and all I have now is a monster corded drill - it would be everything she can do to lift it and hold it steady. She's being a big help, though.

It blows my mind how many emails I get with people asking how much is shipping? and/or how long will it take to get my ukulele?, but don't give a location.

Hey, how about you ship all ukes to the bunker. Then you can tell folks exactly how much shipping costs, and how long it will take for the uke to reach the bunker.

Here's the address:

MTUgWWVtZW4gUmQsIFllbWVu

You are so close to being done. Start planning your party. Seriously.
Think back to when you started. It seemed like it would take forever. And see how close you are now? You can do this.

Thank you, Sukie!:) I appreciate the encouragement at this very difficult time.

My body says "I'll tired of this! Let's quit!" My head says "Yeah, let's do!" My heart says "Get back to work, you two! We've been trying to get to this place for too long to quit now!":rolleyes:

Thank you, Sukie!:) I appreciate the encouragement at this very difficult time.

My body says "I'll tired of this! Let's quit!" My head says "Yeah, let's do!" My heart says "Get back to work, you two! We've been trying to get to this place for too long to quit now!":rolleyes:

I don't seem to have anywhere near the stamina that I had, even ten years ago. But I try to keep moving ahead. Some days a little quicker, and some days a little slower.

Tomorrow Emma and I will be finishing "the cabbage cage". We bought the stuff at Home Depot on Thursday and started the project.

The background: the Bonnie plant company has a contest for 3rd graders every year - see who can grow the largest cabbage (starting, of course, with a Bonnie plant). Emma entered last year and while the cabbage grew well it was first attacked by cabbage butterflies and then Hudson suddenly decided cabbage must be delicious and he destroyed it.

Fortunately for Emma, she is in split classes in school - 2 grades in the classroom. So last year she was in 2/3, but even though she was officially a 2nd grader they let her participate. So this year she's in a 3/4 room and gets to participate again.

We bought all the supplies we need to build a 3x3x3 cube made of 1/4 inch wire mesh that we will put over the top of the cabbage plant to protect it from the butterflies (the mesh is too small for them to get in and lay their eggs) and from Hudson.

Tomorrow we will finish assembling the frame and attach the mesh. Wish us luck!

Sounds fun!!! Good luck and keep us posted! How do they judge it? Do they measure it or weigh it?

It seems like I remember you having a pleasant voice.
Do you ever get in the middle of a tune and forget where you are going with the lyrics? And then have to fake it 'til you can get back on track?
It's all good. :)

When I was a kid, I sang in a few choirs. One choir director told us that if any of us individually forgot a line, to just mouth the word, "watermelon." She said we would blend in...as long as we all didn't do it at once. And it obviously won't work for a solo act, or a small group.

It's supposed to be much cooler than the last week, in the near future. Much better than we had a week or so before that though. Maybe it will be a cool summer?

I won't complain of a cool summer. I'm outside a lot and would rather not be sweaty all the time.

Lots of rain today. We had a lot to do. We skipped church, which we don't like to do. I've been going full speed since 8, this morning and I still have more to do. I sat down, earlier, to eat a sandwich and now I'm taking another break because my feet and shins hurt pretty bad.

Mom is doing so well she went with the grand babies for frozen yogurt today.

My heart could burst. I feel like now is a good day for the post crisis crash. So I'm devoting what is left of the evening to self care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom