::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hau'oli lā hānau ē Debby!
pho_birthday_large.jpg

Last edited:
I went to a music store, to price a music stand. They have ukuleles there, so if course I checked them out. Most of them were Amahi. Some of the Amahi Ukes say Snail on them. I tried a few. I liked the rosewood and spalted maple (laminate). They also have a koa one...I didn't like it. It was pretty and ok to play, but the top was so thin, it felt like my hand could easily push through it. They all kind of felt that way. My fave was the spalted maple. I liked the way the neck felt and the action. My hand easily glided on the back of the neck when I was playing it. It was over $200. I'm not going to buy it. I just found it interesting.

I went to a music store, to price a music stand. They have ukuleles there, so if course I checked them out. Most of them were Amahi. Some of the Amahi Ukes say Snail on them. I tried a few. I liked the rosewood and spalted maple (laminate). They also have a koa one...I didn't like it. It was pretty and ok to play, but the top was so thin, it felt like my hand could easily push through it. They all kind of felt that way. My fave was the spalted maple. I liked the way the neck felt and the action. My hand easily glided on the back of the neck when I was playing it. It was over $200. I'm not going to buy it. I just found it interesting.

There's this guy named Mike who sells a pretty good uke. ;)

I cruised the site today looking for a long neck soprano.

I have a really pretty long neck soprano I don't play as much as it should be played...

I have a really pretty long neck soprano I don't play as much as it should be played...

I meant concert.

I'm looking for a long neck concert for my classroom and maybe to take to Kanikapilas if I can't find strings I like for my Kamaka.

I was on my phone so the picture link was broken. I fixed it, did you see it?
Yes! I just went back and saw it! Thank you! My day was pho-momenal!

Last edited:

I love Mike's ukes, and I plan to get another one! I was just wasting time in a music store. I looked at strings...I had no clue what I was really looking at. I also looked at some accoustic guitars and played one. It was an Indiana guitar. I know nothing about them. They had a used Taylor that was pretty, and nicely priced. We definitely don't need any guitars. We have 7.

They have a Luna Guitalele. I've seen it in there before and quite curious about it. It was up too high for me to reach. They were quite busy and I felt bad asking them to help me when I was only looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom