::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, I do try and peek in once in a while (especially the beginner thread) to see if I can be helpful. I've been so blown away this year by everyone's support but it does mean we've been incredibly busy and have less time to check up on the forums. But I'll always be around being a ninja :)

Gary, Mitch's Torrence festival is really shaping up and he has such a great vision on everything. I think it's going to be a great start to an annual thing. For those who haven't met us yet in person, we're working on that! Hopefully we'll be able to save for a vacation to head up to UWC one of these years... (it always seems to overlap with a festival!)
once you go to UWC, you don't let anything overlap it.

Hahaha, I do try and peek in once in a while (especially the beginner thread) to see if I can be helpful. I've been so blown away this year by everyone's support but it does mean we've been incredibly busy and have less time to check up on the forums. But I'll always be around being a ninja :)

Gary, Mitch's Torrence festival is really shaping up and he has such a great vision on everything. I think it's going to be a great start to an annual thing. For those who haven't met us yet in person, we're working on that! Hopefully we'll be able to save for a vacation to head up to UWC one of these years... (it always seems to overlap with a festival!)

The torrance festival sounds fun and close to me. Happily watching your and Sarah's success. Couldn't happen to two nicer people.

OK guys... I'm only going to say this once... THE Craig Chee posted in our thread and the first person to respond was Jon??? THE CRAIG CHEE! I so hope to meet him and his lovely fiancé someday!

Okay Andy - I'm only going to say this once:

It's not the first time he's posted here. You were gone for too long.

Duck for dinner tonight... I typically don't do duck in the summer, but it was a great price.
I'm thinking I'm gonna do a cherry sauce and serve it with roasted veggies (brussels sprouts and yellow squash.)

Okay Andy - I'm only going to say this once:

It's not the first time he's posted here. You were gone for too long.

Oh I see. Andy thought it was the first time.

Maybe this chapter?

And yes, Andy was gone too long.

Monday evening is our uke group's Erie Canal boat cruise, and I'm excited! I've heard that folks are coming in from as far away as Buffalo, Syracuse, Ithaca, and Verona. As of this morning, there were over 80 reservations made, with 100 being the max available.

Our youngest group member, the daughter of a friend of mine, is having her ninth birthday that day. I'm printing out song sheets for the Happy Birthday song, so that we can all sing to her for her birthday. I'm also just about finished with the minion hat that I have been making as a gift for her. She's a great kid, and I like her a lot....

Monday evening is our uke group's Erie Canal boat cruise, and I'm excited! I've heard that folks are coming in from as far away as Buffalo, Syracuse, Ithaca, and Verona. As of this morning, there were over 80 reservations made, with 100 being the max available.

Our youngest group member, the daughter of a friend of mine, is having her ninth birthday that day. I'm printing out song sheets for the Happy Birthday song, so that we can all sing to her for her birthday. I'm also just about finished with the minion hat that I have been making as a gift for her. She's a great kid, and I like her a lot....

Sounds great Don.

Sounds great Don.

I think I posted this one for Freeda.

Code:
[CENTER]Happy Birthday to Freeda
By Rob[/CENTER]

[C] Happy birthday to [G7] you
Happy birthday to [C] you
Happy birthday dear [F] Freeda
Happy [C] birthday [G7] to [C] you.

[C] It's love brought us [G7] here
So let's have a [C] beer
Your not another year [F] older
just [C] better, [G7] don't [C] fear

[C] We could have a [G7] ball
let's go to the [C] mall
Their having a [F] sale there
Happy [C] day [G7] for [C] all

[C] And then go back [G7] home
Vowing never to [C] roam
just play our uku[F]leles
and drink [C] lattes [G7] with [C] foam.

Happy birthday Daisy!

Toured the LDS Temple in Indy (Carmel), today. It was beautiful. The traffic and construction in that area is exhausting, and I'm convinced that some people just live to be jerks on the road. They have nothing better to do.

There were also folks protesting the Temple. Oh well, that's nothing new for the Mormon church. Even inside the tour! They take it all in stride.

I was wrong about one thing: the crowds. I thought waiting until the end of the month would mean less people. I was wrong. Lots of people. Lots of vehicles with out of state tags. There were times, during the tour, where we almost went with the wrong group.

I don't think there's a hotter place in the world right now.

Stopped in Roseburg Oregon for food. Ghastly hot.

My kid grew 1.5 inches in the time we were in Hawaii!

Last night my mother said he got taller but I just thought that was grandma being a grandma. 56" tall. A bit over 48" tall at his checkup at the end of June.

Checking to see if we can chuck the booster seat.

My class has been grueling today. It's like learning a foreign language...and that foreign language is SQL querying. I have no deep desire to visit the country where this language is spoken, but my boss wants me to be able to visit with people from there...so I learn.

I have had the Bermuda Cup Match live updates running today and am now officially a cricket geek. I'm actually understanding the game now. I even know what a LBW out is. It's a very cool game, really. AND my team (the one I adopted to piss off UE) is in the lead, so that's a good thing, right?

We often ride Amtrak to the state fair in Syracuse. We've probably done it a half dozen times, and the trip may have been on time once. Once it was so bad that they gave us vouchers good for a free trip the next year....

The only time I took Amtrak (Portland to Minneapolis) the train left Portland 3 hours late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom