::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooo! Guess what I did today?! Go ahead! Guess!

I played my ukulele today!! Woohoo!! Haven' had time to do that in months!!!

Well, ok, "played" is a relative term. But I smiled and had fun hobbling along!

Good for you, JanJam!! What were you playing?

Yay!! What did you play! I've been working on 2 songs.

I was just playing some hymns - easy chords. I did a little fingerstyle, too - very little. Hymns are pretty easy.

I think I am going to order that Fake book that Freeda posted about. It has lots of fun songs in it! First one I'm gonna play? "Ain't No Sunshine". It's been in my head since I saw it on the list!

I was playing the Eleuke Peanut that I bought from a member here. I LOVE that thing! Plugged it up to my little blue amp and had a fun time! I'd go play some more but I have a sermon to write. Preaching tomorrow in my pastor's absence.

By the way, there was discussion on the two different sizes of the Fake book. I'd suggest the larger version. I have a Christmas Fake Book in the smaller size, and it is really small. Hard to see if it isn't really close.

What's the playlist/identity issue, Freeda?

"Can't make all the people happy all the time" basically summed it up. I had a pretty good idea of where I wanted to go with the club but it was important to get the consensus and buy-in that I got today.

Onward and upward. :D

"Can't make all the people happy all the time" basically summed it up. I had a pretty good idea of where I wanted to go with the club but it was important to get the consensus and buy-in that I got today.

Onward and upward. :D

Who picks the playlists, or, is everyone free to pick songs? What criteria impact song selection?

Our club has gotten to the point that we use the Daily Ukulele books, almost exclusively. It's a matter of ease and convenience. Using computer copies is expensive. While I understand that, after several years it has become....limiting.

Our custom of having a monthly theme has become stale, too. There is too much repetition, both of themes, and songs.

Luckily, our leaders are open to suggestions, and are trying to vary the themes and the songs within them....

Naomi isn't feeling well. She's resting now, but it may be a long night. My poor baby. I wish it was me, instead of her. Her friend has been sick with strep throat. So far, Naomi hasn't complained of a sore throat.

Just ordered the Ukulele Fake Book! YAY! Know what other song is in there that I didn't realize was there?! The Rainbow Connection! I love that song!

Did you know that Kermit plays the banjo left-handed?

That's great! I started up a couple weeks ago too.

Who picks the playlists, or, is everyone free to pick songs? What criteria impact song selection?

At this point, everyone is submitting, then we play through it and take a vote. Winners will go into the permanent core book. It will take a while to build it.

Our club has gotten to the point that we use the Daily Ukulele books, almost exclusively. It's a matter of ease and convenience. Using computer copies is expensive. While I understand that, after several years it has become....limiting.

Our custom of having a monthly theme has become stale, too. There is too much repetition, both of themes, and songs.

Luckily, our leaders are open to suggestions, and are trying to vary the themes and the songs within them....

People got bored with our themes too.

More and more of us are moving to tablets to view PDFs or use a chordpro format like OnSong or SongBook. Hoping to have our core book printed and bound cheaply around Christmas time.

At this point, everyone is submitting, then we play through it and take a vote. Winners will go into the permanent core book. It will take a while to build it.

That's a great idea, building your own book. Is the goal to be a performing club? Or, is it more a casual meet-up group?

People got bored with our themes too.

More and more of us are moving to tablets to view PDFs or use a chordpro format like OnSong or SongBook. Hoping to have our core book printed and bound cheaply around Christmas time.

We have one member who uses a tablet. Everyone else is using the books. I'd much rather use a tablet, as they're much lighter than two Daily Ukulele books!

That's a great idea, building your own book. Is the goal to be a performing club? Or, is it more a casual meet-up group?

Since we meet in a bar, we are kind of halfway between worlds. So we're going to take the stage and have amplified song leaders (prob 2-3) and everyone else at the floor level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom