::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw the Monkees over the weekend-- or what's left of them. Mike Nesmith rarely tours with them, and Dave Jones is gone, so it's just Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork. I saw them about ten years ago (still with Davy) and marveled at how age had taken little toll. That was less true at this recent show. Though still very entertaining, Peter has lost much of his voice (but not his upbeat stage presence), but still plays very well. Micky still hits those high notes surprisingly well for a man of 70. Nostalgia for sure, but good nostalgia.

Nooooooo! They CAN'T be that old!!!!!! Tell me it isn't so!!!!!!!!

:(

We saw the Monkees over the weekend-- or what's left of them. Mike Nesmith rarely tours with them, and Dave Jones is gone, so it's just Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork. I saw them about ten years ago (still with Davy) and marveled at how age had taken little toll. That was less true at this recent show. Though still very entertaining, Peter has lost much of his voice (but not his upbeat stage presence), but still plays very well. Micky still hits those high notes surprisingly well for a man of 70. Nostalgia for sure, but good nostalgia.

Does Mike Nesmith still live in Santa Cruz? There used to be sightings all the time but I haven't heard much the last few years.

Well, I guess I need to go to bed. It's after 11 and I have to get up at 5:45 and go to work by 7:30. If only I was rich and could do what I want to do all the time . . . SIGH . . .

Does Mike Nesmith still live in Santa Cruz? There used to be sightings all the time but I haven't heard much the last few years.

Lives in Carmel (South of Monterey) and has a recording studio in Sand City (North of Monterey).

Today's outing was a trip to IKEA for me, Mike, Penny and Katie. We LOVE that place. Most everything in our house is from there, but I bet I hadn't been there in almost a year. It looks like Katie and her BF may be moving in together soon so it was a fun day for her to daydream about furniture. My hubby is a riot there. He looks at EVERYTHING. I took us 5 hours to get thru the maze and have dinner mainly because of him. He likes that place as much as me and the girls maybe more. We had a very good dinner there and spent over $350 on stuff. I was having fun helping Katie pick out stuff for her future kitchen and bedroom, just small stuff but if the apartment comes thru that their looking at it would be fun to surprise them with a couch or table and chairs. They should find out tomorrow if there's a chance of them getting this place.
My oldest Wendy is moving out of the apartment and she and Katie hope that they will approve Katie and her BF to take it over. I do too.

Breaking news:
Got the grades for the summer semester in. Earned a 3.96 for this term, which makes it a 3.9 cumulative. Means I'm pretty sure I made the deans list again- they'll announce it in a few weeks. I doubt I'm at the top, but last semester I had the highest grades of the night program... here's hoping the trend sticks. My mom's an instructor in the school (I tested out of the classes she teaches, so there can be no accusations of anything bad) so me getting good grades shows well on her as well as me.

3 semesters to go. (can't go fast enough.) Unfortunately, the girls I tended to be friendly with pretty much all transferred to the day program. I'm a little (lot) older than most of my classmates, and have a habit of working very hard to be the best I can be... a lot of my classmates don't hold themselves to quite as high a standard- They know passing is a 78, so that's what they aim for. I aim for an A, and try my damnedest to get there... I know a lot of my classmates think I have an unfair advantage (which is cow-chips), but I work really really hard, and I honestly don't mind it.

Next semester starts next Tuesday (sept 8).

Today's outing was a trip to IKEA for me, Mike, Penny and Katie. We LOVE that place. Most everything in our house is from there, but I bet I hadn't been there in almost a year. It looks like Katie and her BF may be moving in together soon so it was a fun day for her to daydream about furniture. My hubby is a riot there. He looks at EVERYTHING. I took us 5 hours to get thru the maze and have dinner mainly because of him. He likes that place as much as me and the girls maybe more. We had a very good dinner there and spent over $350 on stuff. I was having fun helping Katie pick out stuff for her future kitchen and bedroom, just small stuff but if the apartment comes thru that their looking at it would be fun to surprise them with a couch or table and chairs. They should find out tomorrow if there's a chance of them getting this place.
My oldest Wendy is moving out of the apartment and she and Katie hope that they will approve Katie and her BF to take it over. I do too.

thats cool hope she gets it!!! I love that place too. My wife her cousin used to be a designer there. So as you walk through and see different rooms she was in charge of putting all that together for the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom