::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to rain, off and on, starting this afternoon and lasting for a few days. It hasn't started, yet, but it's beginning to cloud up. I took advantage of the opportunity to prep and seed some bare spots in our lawn. I did the raking and the picking up, went to the store for the seed, then came home and spread it.

That's enough work for one day....:D

Now, I can let Mother Nature do the watering....

The pitch of our roof is too great, and there is no way I will ever go up on it. So it would have to be located in a place where I can work on it if needed.

Besides, at 8.34 lbs per gallon - you need to have a roof built to handle the weight.

Your bunker has a roof?!

Your bunker has a roof?!

If Spots knew I had snuck in and taken this picture....DON'T TELL SPOTS!!

ammunition%20igloo%20R.JPG

How many of you folks have 8 stringed ukes and enjoy playing them?

I don't own one, but I have played a few and do enjoy playing them!
I would say my favorites have been the Jerry Hoffmann D-Style eight-string I played at UWC, a Maui Music 8-string I played at Andrew Kitakis' shop, and a Kamaka 8-string I played at the ukulele festival last year.

I do have a six-string which I like very much.

As far as fatigue goes, I really don't think it's all that much more difficult or tiring to play an 8-string, provided it is set up well.

I do notice that if I have a wound low G or low A installed on my six string that it does tend to chew up the skin on my strumming fingers a little more rapidly than the 4-strings do, so that may be a factor. Using a pick would take care of that.

If Spots knew I had snuck in and taken this picture....DON'T TELL SPOTS!!

That's the old place. We had to move. The neighbors got too loud, and they kept grazing their goats on our roof.

Thanks for the feedback on the 8-string ukes.

I was looking at one of the K-brands a couple years ago, but didn't want to spend that kind of money then and still don't.

I just registered for an Islam and Society class for Summer term - I'm excited!

When I was in college, I took an ANTH class called People and Cultures of the Middle East. It was very interesting, and was one of my favorite classes that I took. My professor was awesome and she really connected with her students.

Oi, spending five years with 75 über wealthy people like that would be horrible. A 17 person movie theater for 75 people??!!!! What was the developer thinking. That right there is enough to start people fighting.

LOLOL! I hadn't thought about it that way, but you are right!

I am in the process of reading "I am Malala" for my History of Religion class. She is the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom