::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can almost play two songs on guitar now :)

smoothing out Walk on the Ocean.

Fun song to play for beginners.

Is learning to sing and play just a practice thing?

I'm not a great singer but not as bad as I am while playing. Actually both my playing and singing are worse when doing both.

Practice?

Find another hobby?

I'm not a great singer but not as bad as I am while playing. Actually both my playing and singing are worse when doing both.

Practice?

Find another hobby?

Practice.

lcl

I take back what I said about singing okay. I just watched this. I'm embarrassed for myself again.

I thought this was interesting. The captain of Matt's soccer team is named "Happy". His name is listed in the programs as Happy, his mom calls him Happy, everyone calls him Happy. He is a well liked, nice kid. Today I learned that his parents let him choose him own name when he was 5.

Ukulele calluses and guitar calluses are completely different.

sore fingers

Definitely true.

I'm not sure how to describe this, but I'm much more "accurate" on uke, so my fingers generally hit the same spot on the uke all the time.

On guitar, I'm kind of all over the place so now I have these fat calluses. While they were forming and my fingertips were sore/numb, my uke playing went all crazy because I couldn't feel the spot I was aiming for.

That has since been remedied but it was pretty funny when it was happening.

Practice?

Find another hobby?

I have the same problem. I think it's pretty universal until you get used to it.

What about his voice?

If he sang the genre of songs you like?

Interesting. When I read that Freeda said she can't stand the way he sings, I assumed she meant that she can't stand his voice. Did you think she meant that she just doesn't like his style? Isn't your voice your tone and your style?

It's all a matter of taste. I think universally we can say that someone is not a bad singer, but really good is something different to everyone.

I think Whitney Houston was the best singer I've heard, hands down. I'm pretty sure no one on the planet will say that she's a terrible singer, but I'm sure many people will disagree that she was the best or that she was even exceptional. Maybe they like Britney Spears. That's their prerogative.

Interesting. When I read that Freeda said she can't stand the way he sings, I assumed she meant that she can't stand his voice. Did you think she meant that she just doesn't like his style? Isn't your voice your tone and your style?

It's all a matter of taste. I think universally we can say that someone is not a bad singer, but really good is something different to everyone.

I think Whitney Houston was the best singer I've heard, hands down. I'm pretty sure no one on the planet will say that she's a terrible singer, but I'm sure many people will disagree that she was the best or that she was even exceptional. Maybe they like Britney Spears. That's their prerogative.

I was thinking like Christina Aguilara. Phenomenal voice but I can't stand her excessive runs and trills. I think she has a great voice, I don't like the way she sings.

I also think Kelly Clarkson is singing the wrong type of music for her voice.

2 singers who have voices I can't stand to listen to :
Bob Dylan
Rod Stewart
I will turn it off when I hear them

Practice?

Find another hobby?

I really struggled with that for YEARS. I just could not do it. About 8 years ago I just forced myself to do it, and kept at it, then suddenly, like a switch, it was super easy and now pretty much any song, if I know how it goes, I can strum and sing

Practice.

I was thinking like Christina Aguilara. Phenomenal voice but I can't stand her excessive runs and trills. I think she has a great voice, I don't like the way she sings.

I also think Kelly Clarkson is singing the wrong type of music for her voice.

Kelly Clarkson is country now right?

I disagree because women country singers have been vocal powerhouses for quite sometime so I think she fits right in. Maybe she does too many vocal aerobics but I think she's welcome change in country music. A breath of fresh air if you will!

Kelly Clarkson is country now right?

I disagree because women country singers have been vocal powerhouses for quite sometime so I think she fits right in. Maybe she does too many vocal aerobics but I think she's welcome change in country music. A breath of fresh air if you will!

I only hear the pop songs on the radio. Country or R&B would suit her voice better in my opinion.

Bob Dylan gives me hope :)

Neil Young too.

A buddy of mine told me when I was struggling with my singing and playing to pick Neil Young songs. That way even if I sang bad it would still sound at least as good as Neil. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom