::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!!! Been up an hour. Today is going to be another great day.

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
there's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
and it looks like its climbin' clear up to the sky.

Once again. I expect more from a 31 year old male. Especially one that I really respected at the time.

I couldn't imagine dating a 19 year old... I mean I'm more active now but nope... I understand that girls are more mature than boys but still at 19, that's still a huge maturity level change from 31...

I couldn't imagine dating a 19 year old... I mean I'm more active now but nope... I understand that girls are more mature than boys but still at 19, that's still a huge maturity level change from 31...

My worst moment: My girlfriend loves the band Queen. I mentioned that I had seen them in concert in 1978, and then added "....the year you were born." She quietly replied, "... I was born in 1979."

I've been working at moms every day this week. We have made an astonishing amount of progress, with a staggering amount yet to go. (For newbs, my mom is a hoarder and due to recent poor health I had moved her to an apartment near me. Now she is more stable and moving home this weekend.).

I'm starting to get very anxious about her reaction. We literally filled a 10 yard roll off dumpster in 24 hours - out of only two rooms. There's quite literally a ton or more of stuff gone.

We are pushing hard now, and keep telling each other "well, the initial shock is going to suck if we get it to 30% or 90% so let's aim for 90"... Dad is worried too. But it's gone from "somebody should call the health department" to merely "what a ramshackle old house".

So... Yeah. This weekend is gonna be something. Plan is to move her home Saturday and clean the apartment to turn in keys Sunday. Mojo appreciated.

This I can relate to. My parents are hoarders as well. All the rooms in the house are full. They live in a five bedroom house. And they can hardly take care of themselves.

No it's the service we were using... Doesn't work like it did before and I have yet to find a replacement... I look every 3-6 months and never find anything as good... :(

I know it's not your fault but I just like to give you a hard time.

This I can relate to. My parents are hoarders as well. All the rooms in the house are full. They live in a five bedroom house. And they can hardly take care of themselves.

My mom was an (almost) hoarder before it had a name. She was a terrible housekeeper too. The house was always a crazy mess, stuff just never got put away. I grew up afraid someone would knock on the door. My mom HATED unexpected company. I do too. I carry that guilt. I'm an okay housekeeper and I tend to toss everything out when cleaning. But man it's hard to shake that guilt I grew up with.

My mom was an (almost) hoarder before it had a name. She was a terrible housekeeper too. The house was always a crazy mess, stuff just never got put away. I grew up afraid someone would knock on the door. My mom HATED unexpected company. I do too. I carry that guilt. I'm an okay housekeeper and I tend to toss everything out when cleaning. But man it's hard to shake that guilt I grew up with.

I don't like unexpected company. Not because of the condition of my house. I just don't like unexpected company. I think it's rude.

My worst moment: My girlfriend loves the band Queen. I mentioned that I had seen them in concert in 1978, and then added "....the year you were born." She quietly replied, "... I was born in 1979."

Your GF and I share the same birth year.

I like unexpected company. But they get what they find. However....if I haven't seen you since 1992? It might be a good idea to call ahead.

We keep our house pretty messy. It's rather ridiculous. We both work a lot, but it's really gotten out of hand.

I don't like anyone coming over because of how much work it takes to get things presentable. I guess that's how it starts...

We keep our house pretty messy. It's rather ridiculous. We both work a lot, but it's really gotten out of hand.

I don't like anyone coming over because of how much work it takes to get things presentable. I guess that's how it starts...

We just had family for the weekend and got the house as spotless as its ever been, and everything in its place. Now it's easier to keep it that way, because every unwashed dish or little pile of mail stands out like a sore thumb.

We just had family for the weekend and got the house as spotless as its ever been, and everything in its place. Now it's easier to keep it that way, because every unwashed dish or little pile of mail stands out like a sore thumb.

I read that book by Mari Kondo, and her whole thing is the house is easier to keep clean when you don't own a lot of stuff and everything has it's place.

A purge has to happen but I'm putting it off. I feel like a lot of stuff will be sold over the next few months, specifically instruments. I think it's time to get rid of my trombone. I don't really ever feel like playing again.

Our house is a mess these days. We come home late from soccer everyday and have to start in on dinner, taking care of the animals, homework, etc. Sundays are the only day we have time for extras like cleaning at the moment.

It's way easier to maintain a clean house. But it takes discipline to stay on track. I normally maintain a clean house...but this week it doesn't look so great. Last weekend, I decided to purge Naomi's room. The easiest method was to take everything out, except her bed and shelf. Then just put back everything we are going to keep. Well we got halfway through it and she got sick. So that got put on hold. I've worked on it a little but I haven't felt that great either. So it will get finished tomorrow. Maybe tonight.

Our house is a mess these days. We come home late from soccer everyday and have to start in on dinner, taking care of the animals, homework, etc. Sundays are the only day we have time for extras like cleaning at the moment.

...and the last thing you feel like doing, on your only free day, is housework.

I read that book by Mari Kondo, and her whole thing is the house is easier to keep clean when you don't own a lot of stuff and everything has it's place.

A purge has to happen but I'm putting it off. I feel like a lot of stuff will be sold over the next few months, specifically instruments. I think it's time to get rid of my trombone. I don't really ever feel like playing again.
i have heard all about that book. I really need to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom