::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked my favorite McD's meal. A Quarter Pounder with cheese and medium fries, with a large Diet Coke. The drink has no calories, but the burger and fries total 1,000 calories!

And, I often add three of their chocolate chip cookies, which I forgot to check on....:eek:

It was not that many years ago that I used to buy TWO QP and large fries....

I just checked my favorite McD's meal. A Quarter Pounder with cheese and medium fries, with a large Diet Coke. The drink has no calories, but the burger and fries total 1,000 calories!

And, I often add three of their chocolate chip cookies, which I forgot to check on....:eek:

I try really hard to avoid fast food. I had White Castles, last week. It was the first place my SIL wanted to go to when she flew in. I knew a week beforehand that she wanted some sliders from there. I thought I had mentally prepared myself to eat something else...but my willpower went out the window. I instantly regretted it, but can only blame myself!

Sounds like you're doing it right! (Though...potatoes are tubers, not roots...)

Yah, yah, yah. I knew SOMEONE was going to toss in the whole tuber not roots thing. Just for that... P-O-T-A-T-O-E

My back hurts. I hate my mattress. Perhaps yoga today instead of barbells.

Just did yoga with Penny. Yesterday too. Felt good. There's a you tuber named Adriene that has a 30 day challenge we're doing. Some days are 15 min some 30. I like it.

I break down and go to Burger King maybe once a month or so.

Today is the day to do it. Tax day special. Buy one, get one free (whoppers).
I prefer their fish sandwich, but it's a rare occasion.

Last edited:
I had one of those things they crank to make your mouth break for more space. It hurt like a mother. Then I had a gap in my teeth for a good 8 months while new cartlidge grew in the new space

THAT sounds horrible!!! In my day they just pulled teeth. They took out 6 b4 fitting me with braces.

QOTD: Ever met a stranger that you knew for only a very brief period, but they made a lasting impact on your life?

I married Hubs, after only 7 months of dating. We will be married 9 years in August.

When did your sister live in Laguna Beach? My grandparents lived in Laguna Hills (yes, THAT place) and my grandpa took up sculpture and painting and poetry in retirement - he had his art in a co-op gallery in Laguna Beach and worked the gallery on a fairly regular basis. '70s and '80s.

She was there in the 60's. Do you remember the Greeter? (Have we talked about this b4? I'm déjà vu'ing) They have a statue of him now.

Haven't been to a McDonald's or Burger King in over three years. Had a Wendy's burger the other night for the first time in over a year.

QOTD: Ever met a stranger that you knew for only a very brief period, but they made a lasting impact on your life?

His name was Bob. He was dying of prostate cancer. He showed us around his stomping grounds in central Mexico and discussed how he was setting things up for his wife after his passing. He said "no one is guaranteed the golden years".

I need to get my eyes checked. In Mike's QOTD, I thought the word "stranger" said "someone." lol Hubs wasn't a total stranger when we first dated. I didn't know him, on a personal level, but I was acquainted with him.

It's a joke with my wife and I that I introduced myself to her twice, several days apart, because I didn't recognize her the second time.

Maybe I'll take another. I hope I'm not getting sick, again.

I slept till noon. Been a bit stressed. Work related stuff and taxes. My dads, mine, helping my kids with theirs. I never wait this late to do mine but i couldn't do mine until my dads tax man gave us some information regarding our inheritance.
The work stuff should pass. Hoping for a positive outcome. We'll see. I've done everything to make it better.

Happy vacation! I can't imagine using a monitor that large. It must be spool cool....

I have a 30" monitor at home. It really is quite nice. I do a lot of remote support, where I am remote-controlling different systems from home. It is nice to be able to have up to 4 full-size remote control windows on the screen at the same time.

I have a 30" monitor at home. It really is quite nice. I do a lot of remote support, where I am remote-controlling different systems from home. It is nice to be able to have up to 4 full-size remote control windows on the screen at the same time.

Fancy pants.

I went a different route. I put four monitors on the same computer. They show the same thing. It's not very exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom