::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I carry a backpack a gym bag and a uke on a airplane is that ok to do???

Will the uke fit in a backpack?

You're technically allowed one carry on and one small personal item that can be stored under your seat.

I think the lush tropical vegetation and the fact that you're surrounded by that beautiful water makes it a little more bearable than Florida. The worst for me was Indianapolis during a heat wave about twenty years ago. You could feel the air when you breathed in.

People who aren't from Indiana underestimate our humidity, until they can't breathe when they are here.

If I carry a backpack a gym bag and a uke on a airplane is that ok to do???

Hi! It seems most Flight Attendants from Delta and United will consider your 'ukulele your "Carry on" and then you're left with a personal item such as a small backpack, purse or briefcase. I always have my giant fusion case plus a briefcase that holds my laptop and camera. Best piece of advice I can give to people flying with an 'ukulele is make sure you get on as early as possible. If I'm not on Delta or United (I have priority boarding with those two) then I make sure I pay a little extra for early boarding.

Yay!!! More fun mail today.
Yesterday was a lovely letter and a zucchini.

Today? Mail from RichM! Written with a fancy-dancy pen. Maybe 2 pens cuz there is 2 different colour inks.

Thank you!! I love getting fun mail.

Dammit! I forgot to write Sukie a letter. I need to get on that tomorrow....

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but please be cautious with the coolant. When it's warm it can be under a bit of preasure. And of course it's scalding hot. I'm sure you know this but I felt I had to say something, for safety's sake.
No, I appreciate the warning. I called Mike and he warned me too.

The car was a bit low on fluid, a quart or two. I added it. There are a zillion climbing passes between Redbluff CA and Medford Oregon (we made it here) and I was very careful to keep the gauge below the pegged point. The gauge is probably off but I didn't want to take any chances. Anytime I was climbing I took it slow and turned off the air. It was over 107, I think a lot of cars were in trouble. We saw many vehicles pulled over along the way.

I left the kids and dogs in the room. I walked to a restaurant, had a rum and coke and a very nice prime rib dinner. I'm thinking about ordering dessert.

Probably my last post until Friday. We catch the train at O dark 30. No wifi and it's getting squirrelly here. Everybody stay well. Hope Zane on the front of the train keeps it on the rails. See you Friday.

Hi! It seems most Flight Attendants from Delta and United will consider your 'ukulele your "Carry on" and then you're left with a personal item such as a small backpack, purse or briefcase. I always have my giant fusion case plus a briefcase that holds my laptop and camera. Best piece of advice I can give to people flying with an 'ukulele is make sure you get on as early as possible. If I'm not on Delta or United (I have priority boarding with those two) then I make sure I pay a little extra for early boarding.

Craig - you really need to hang around here more often. I mean, I haven't had the chance to meet you like a bunch of the others here, but it's never too late...

Craig - you really need to hang around here more often. I mean, I haven't had the chance to meet you like a bunch of the others here, but it's never too late...

Craig fits right in!

(I wonder if his LOL is loud, happy and contagious too?)

. . . and Craig. Booked rooms for the Sept. 26th festival in Torrance. Going to try to make it happen.

Craig fits right in!

(I wonder if his LOL is loud, happy and contagious too?)

. . . and Craig. Booked rooms for the Sept. 26th festival in Torrance. Going to try to make it happen.

Gary if you go to this I think I'll go too. I'm currently on the fence.

I think the lush tropical vegetation and the fact that you're surrounded by that beautiful water makes it a little more bearable than Florida. The worst for me was Indianapolis during a heat wave about twenty years ago. You could feel the air when you breathed in.
People who aren't from Indiana underestimate our humidity, until they can't breathe when they are here.

It isn't like that all summer, just in periods of time. Hopefully short.

Great to see ya posting here Craig. Good to know you are still keeping an eye on us.

Today it was hot and humid enough that my glasses fogged every time I went outside.

Yesterday a front came through and the humidity was cut in half. Right now it's lovely. 6:30 am and it's in the sixties. But over the weekend and Monday and Tuesday morning my glasses steamed when I got out of the van.

Gary if you go to this I think I'll go too. I'm currently on the fence.

th

OK, it's Thursday. I need to get wiggling. Breakfast with the old guys this morning. Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom