::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that dress is adorable Andy and you are an old fuddy duddy. And you will let your daughter wear whatever she wants. Raise her strong and independent and she will be fine in whatever she chooses to wear.

I disagree to a point - yes, a child should be raised to be strong and independent, but they should also understand their parents' limits and respect them. My daughters will not wear whatever they want, but I also won't be dictatorial - we will discuss it if they disagree with me, but as a parent my decisions are ultimately the rule. I won't be arbitrary, I won't be unfair, and my decisions won't be unexpected - but they will be obeyed.

finalizing campsite for June and August. June we will take her out and test everything to make sure it is ready for Cape Cod then in August we go to PA Grand CAnyon. Probably make one more trip in September or October. Might also try to set up a trip to the Lehigh River to raft for the weekend as well.

I disagree to a point - yes, a child should be raised to be strong and independent, but they should also understand their parents' limits and respect them. My daughters will not wear whatever they want, but I also won't be dictatorial - we will discuss it if they disagree with me, but as a parent my decisions are ultimately the rule. I won't be arbitrary, I won't be unfair, and my decisions won't be unexpected - but they will be obeyed.

My policy was that I have veto power.

Of course, my daughter didn't speak to me for a year and a half at the first available opportunity, so I may not be the best parenting role model.

finalizing campsite for June and August. June we will take her out and test everything to make sure it is ready for Cape Cod then in August we go to PA Grand CAnyon. Probably make one more trip in September or October. Might also try to set up a trip to the Lehigh River to raft for the weekend as well.

I realize I got a lot of fun toys......

I would love to make a sour. Scared I will contaminate all my stuff so should I use other equipment for sours or is the same ok? Little bottling wand and auto syphon? I might even add a pound of raspberries to a gallon of mead before I bottle.

I have never liked the sour beers, so I never tried it.

Of course, my daughter didn't speak to me for a year and a half at the first available opportunity, so I may not be the best parenting role model.

My brother recently told me that my nephew didn't talk to him through most of his teenage years, they literally conversed through his wife. Now they get along great and he asks him for advice on life.

I agree, the dress is adorable... But the back is to much IMO, I probably am a fuddy duddy...

My first thought was not "Oh my god look at her back I want to jump her bones." I thought it looked fun, and cute and the girl rocked it!

You prude :)

(but I would hope that all of her daily clothes don't reveal cleavage; I would not have a problem with that for a prom dress)

Wow, someone just brought in a Vietnamese baritone, complete with loads of gaudy inlay. Complete junk, warped with a terrible neck angle. Absolutely no way to fix it. Way to go Bruce Wei!

Only quoting you for a starting point, Freeda.

I wish all you parents of young children the best of luck. I hope none of you have children that decide to march to their own drums. If you had told me when Chris was seven what would happen when he was a teenager I wouldn't have believed it.

Only quoting you for a starting point, Freeda.

I wish all you parents of young children the best of luck. I hope none of you have children that decide to march to their own drums. If you had told me when Chris was seven what would happen when he was a teenager I wouldn't have believed it.

Great. Just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom