::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, remember the old hashtag we started, #StarbucksSucks?
Even THEY admit it!
tf34.jpg

I hope Tammy sees this. Hilarious.

There he is
my little mouse
He's caught in a trap
his eyes bugging out

The padre says
just throw him away
In this case
we just don't play.

He would sneak around
and just be a pest
He'd steal some food
And go to his nest.

But now he's gone
He won't be around
He'll play no more
or make a sound.

The world is tough
No need to cheer
Perhaps this tale
Will end right here.

We reuse traps at Chateau PereBourik. But dear JanJam is squeamish and needs to build her courage.

Waste not, want not
Is what I hear
The fixin's there
My dear Pere.

You could rummage round
See what ya got
Make rodent stew
I guess, why not?

It looks like I
Have killed the thread
There might be some
That want me dead

I seem to be stuck
Not sure where to go
All this rhyming
Might bring some woe.

But if you find
you can't take no more
just let me know
I'm out the door.

I only read a small fraction of the required reading in nursing school, it would have been impossible to read it all.

Realistically, I'm scanning for the high points. This teacher assigns ridiculous amounts of text to go through weekly. Bleh. It's just time consuming when the kids are crawling on me and I can't really retain any info till they go to bed.

So, when I first started teaching I was about 320lbs. My wardrobe consisted of jeans and tee shirts or Jackets and slacks, I had nothing in between. As I dropped some weight I dropped all of the baggy tee shirts. Just threw them away. I spent hundreds and hundreds building a new wardrobe because I felt good and wanted to look good. I used to cruise Nordstrom's and check out how they had the mannequins dressed and I'd look at magazine's like you're doing (I used to ask "the gays" working at the store to pick stuff out for me on the advice of a gay friend of mine).

Anyhow, to get to the point, which I'm starting to forget because of my tangent, I've been fluctuating between 230-250lbs for ten years now and my wardrobe is mostly Hawaiian print golf polos, golf polos, button down short sleeve shirts and casual slacks in different prints and fabrics. It's comfortable. It's "me." And it's not sloppy. I think that's the hardest part of being overweight. Dressing "comfortable" often means big and baggy which inevitably makes you look bigger. Don't skimp on shoes. Good shoes will last and are worth it for your feet.

Have fun with dressing the new Andy :)

I'm actually in the same boat.
at my biggest (that'd be a women's size 30.) you really can't find anything too nice or fashionable without spending an arm and a leg. I had a pair of jeans, a couple pairs of stretchies (yoga pants and leggings) and more mens t-shirts than I know what to do with now.

Now, I'm a size 18. I'm comfortable at this size... I have actual nice clothes.. like button down shirts, women's cut tees, and jeans, and boots (sounds silly, but at my biggest, I couldn't wear boots... none would fit over my ankles)

I agree.

Kids aren't supposed to sit still for that long. I bet her teacher makes them sit for too long between activities.

Seriously.

Ever Notice, that in the grade levels of school (first through twelfth grades) they expect these kids to go 8 hours at a pop with only 2 breaks (if that... one for lunch and maybe a recess period)... where in college, you get 10 minutes every hour to move around?

If I had to go 8 hours straight, I'd be a raving lunatic.

OH I TOTALLY AGREE...I'm NOT even considering medicine. I don't think she needs it. She doesn't have behavior problems. Even if she did, I would not consider medicine, at this point. I don't just other people, but I'm not interested in that. Naomi makes Honor Roll, and hasn't had any notable behavior issues. She's had to turn her behavior card, a couple times, for talking in class. Her teacher placed her in the front of the room, which I requested from the beginning because she is so social. As far as sitting still, she can. She just fidgets. Where her focus issues get in the way is when she has other things on her mind when she is suppose to be studying. If something is bothering her, she cannot seem to do her homework, or eat her meals until she feels like it is resolved. The school suggested the testing, when her teacher mentioned that she thought she possibly had dyslexia. Naomi was also complaining of seeing color blobs. I took her to 3 doctors to try to figure out what these "color blobs" are. She drew pictures of them for us. She sees them in the air, around people and on her schoolwork. We still haven't gotten to the bottom of that, but there is nothing medically causing it. She doesn't complain of it much...and it's not really a complaint. I requested that she tells me whenever she sees them...just so I can keep track. She gets no reaction from me, other than "thanks for letting me know." The team that did her testing at school, doesn't test for dyslexia. They tested her for other stuff, and suggested that I take her to get her anxiety assessed. I did as they requested. I took her to a place that assesses all that, from anxiety to dyslexia. They said that they think her anxiety stems from the lack of focus. Same with her reading issues..lack of focus.

Sounds like synesthesia.

. . and kids who are always thinking.

I couldn't concentrate as a kid because it was sensory overload. I could hear and see so much that I couldn't concentrate on ONE thing. My second grade teacher gave me a notebook to doodle in or color while she talked. She explained to other kids that I was allowed to not listen like the rest of them if I could demonstrate that I was paying attention. So even though it looked like I was focused on coloring, I could answer all of her questions when called on. Even in college I would need to do crossword puzzles to listen to lectures and take notes.

I have a stress ball, and I fold paper cranes. I have to keep my hands moving or I can't think in school either. There was a study on it-- if you keep your hands going, for some reason it makes you more mentally productive.

Gotta go Old School. Victor traps are the best. Use a plastic bag to deal with your successes. Throw it out, trap and carcass.

Ewww! Then I have to see the dead thing!!! And what if it doesn't kill it or just catches it by the tail?!?!?! Then I have a mouse looking at me ready for revenge!!!

YUCK!!

Wonder if I could rent a tiger? A tiger could eat lots of mice . . .

Last edited:
see above . . .

You sure about that peppermint? I'll sprinkle peppermint tea leaves and such all over the place - inside and out - if it will keep them away!!

Peppermint oil. Apply it liberally to your baseboards. Your house'll stink but it does keep the mice away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom