::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recent blood work results are in, and the numbers aren't great. Even though I take a statin drug daily, my cholesterol is elevated and my triglycerides are very high. Now my doctor is saying I should reduce my carb intake.

But....carbs are yummy....
just cut out simple carbs. Stick with complex.

To start cut out anything white. White flour and white sugar. Read labels. If the word "enriched" is used, put it back. Just because bread is brown, that doesn't make it healthy.

A really great bread is Ezekiel, it's made with sprouted wheat. If you have to have white bread sourdough burns slower than any white bread.

And yeah, you can even eat at Mc Donald's, but you gotta order a chicken wrap grilled. No fries. No pancakes. No bun.

Sucks getting old.

Last edited:

Not a huge fan of either of these singers but I'm in love with this rendition of this 80's hit by Crowded House.

G'morning everyone-- I need to ask a favor to anyone going to UWC that has enough room in their baggage to take 1 more small item that I will have overnighted to you... (basically a pack of markers...)

I can't make it to UWC, you all know this.. and it's sad.... I did however luck into one of the amazing awesome signs. I'm all for preserving memories- I want everyone who gets there to sign my sign.

just cut out simple carbs. Stick with complex.

To start cut out anything white. White flour and white sugar. Read labels. If the word "enriched" is used, put it back. Just because bread is brown, that doesn't make it healthy.

A really great bread is Ezekiel, it's made with sprouted wheat. If you have to have white bread sourdough burns slower than any white bread.

And yeah, you can even eat at Mc Donald's, but you gotta order a chicken wrap grilled. No fries. No pancakes. No bun.

Sucks getting old.

I'm giving it a shot. It's the McDonald's that'll be really hard. I'm gonna cut way back, though. I can substitute grilled chicken wraps for burgers. I can skip the fries, or occasionally get one of the smallest sizes. Quitting the pancakes may kill me, though. I LOVE the pancakes, and usually have them about three days a week. I need to make myself order the oatmeal, instead.

You're right. Getting old sucks. But, it beats the alternative....

FYI, real korean chicken doesn't have seeds. It's made with a korean pepper flakes that ground very fine. You never see seeds in them.

Do fake Korean chickens have seed? Do ANY chickens have seeds? (har har)

It is always fascinating to learn how foods are made authenically.

It's Saturday, and that means it's time for the weekly jam session.

The good news? I didn't go to McD's for breakfast, first. The not so good news? I ate a bowl of shredded wheat, with blueberries and skim milk, without even thinking about carb intake. I just thought that since it's whole grain it can't be too bad.

Do I need to give up cereal, too? What the heck am I supposed to eat?

Whassat make me? Taxi??. I don't think so! :rofl:

I don't think so either. I was in the passenger seat once while an Aussie was driving in America... scary stuff!! If we call you Tanxi then you can drive wherever the heck you want. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom