::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps?

James 3:17
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Um, Rob: That's 3:16.

This is 3:17

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

And this, dear friends, is how taking the bible out of context gives very very very different messages.

The revolt actually started a while ago, but nobody knew about it because they were all expecting notification by FB and Twitter.

Sheesh. It's a good thing the Founding Fathers didn't have to deal with all this technology or we'd still be drinking tea.

Which reminds me, I think I need more peppermint...

I know a lot of revolting people, whether on Facebook or not.

Weekend plans? I have very little. Went to Home Depot today. Bought some stuff to screen in part of the porch. Spending a lot of time out there this spring. It's all cute and happy, lots of tiny lights and wind chimes. Got a chimminea a while back, had a small fire tonight. So cozy. Going to plant some more things tomorrow.

I took a glorious 2 hour nap today so I'm going to be up for a while. Hubby just crashed. I might do the floors, kids are out tonight so it'd be a good time to mop.

Whoopee! Saturday night floor cleaning.

Weekend plans? I have very little. Went to Home Depot today. Bought some stuff to screen in part of the porch. Spending a lot of time out there this spring. It's all cute and happy, lots of tiny lights and wind chimes. Got a chimminea a while back, had a small fire tonight. So cozy. Going to plant some more things tomorrow.

I took a glorious 2 hour nap today so I'm going to be up for a while. Hubby just crashed. I might do the floors, kids are out tonight so it'd be a good time to mop.

Whoopee! Saturday night floor cleaning.

Tomorrow Emma and I will be finishing "the cabbage cage". We bought the stuff at Home Depot on Thursday and started the project.

The background: the Bonnie plant company has a contest for 3rd graders every year - see who can grow the largest cabbage (starting, of course, with a Bonnie plant). Emma entered last year and while the cabbage grew well it was first attacked by cabbage butterflies and then Hudson suddenly decided cabbage must be delicious and he destroyed it.

Fortunately for Emma, she is in split classes in school - 2 grades in the classroom. So last year she was in 2/3, but even though she was officially a 2nd grader they let her participate. So this year she's in a 3/4 room and gets to participate again.

We bought all the supplies we need to build a 3x3x3 cube made of 1/4 inch wire mesh that we will put over the top of the cabbage plant to protect it from the butterflies (the mesh is too small for them to get in and lay their eggs) and from Hudson.

Tomorrow we will finish assembling the frame and attach the mesh. Wish us luck!

But for now...I'm off to roast coffee and then go to bed. I fell down in my duties as the household coffee supplier - we were out of beans this morning and poor Ben didn't get his morning cup. My heart just weeps for him.

Hudson eating cabbage. I can't imagine the smell those farts produce. Ha!

Um, Rob: That's 3:16.

This is 3:17

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

And this, dear friends, is how taking the bible out of context gives very very very different messages.

Yes, I was a line off. Like I told another person, I'm no scholar, I just use the internet. And sometimes make mistakes. But it was a good quote just the same.

Hudson eating cabbage. I can't imagine the smell those farts produce. Ha!

Then Hudson can blame it on Jon?

Ha Ha... I don't know if there are any vids. Like I said I mostly just show up. I only sing a couple tunes. Mostly the neighbours gig which I am fine with. I just hit the thing and try not to make too many mistakes.

It seems like I remember you having a pleasant voice.
Do you ever get in the middle of a tune and forget where you are going with the lyrics? And then have to fake it 'til you can get back on track?
It's all good. :)

My weekend:

Spent all day writing a paper. The weather is beautiful - I could see it from the library window.

The good news is I finished the paper, so tomorrow has a much brighter future than it did.

That will be me this afternoon . . . UGH!!

I have a board meeting after church. Makes even the worst weather inviting. I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't die for church board meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom