::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reamed out my account about 4-5 weeks ago. Dumped most church people. There was some nastiness surrounding a required step in my preparation for ordination process and my FB posts were brought up in a negative way. I was floored by the whole thing. The thing was - much of what people were saying was that I'm "mean" to people on FB. They read some of the stuff that Tim and I post back and forth to each other. Yeah - we are competition insult partners (well...if there was such a thing). It's a game to us. I told them that before they judge from the outside they should ask to see my private conversations with Tim, which are much different - we're dear friends and know it.

Anyway - I was pissed and then when I calmed down and got rational I made sure my FB activity wouldn't concern them any longer.

Just because you're Christian doesn't automatically make you a good person.

This is what keeps us preachers in business.

I'm bummed that my aunt and sister planned my mom's retirement party down to every detail and invited everyone we know, without any feedback from me or my other sister. They picked a day where I can't even be there until the party is almost over.

Your avatar keeps confusing me because I had the PoHo logo as an avatar for so long - I keep seeing myself saying things I don't recall saying.

I was beginning to wonder if it was exchange avatars day again.
What a headache that gave me. And it was hilarious.

If me and Sukie switched avatars, it would be the closest I'll ever get to having an MB!

You'll have to look her up at UWC so you can gaze upon it.

I'd be very disappointed if I didn't get to meet Sukie, at UWC. -and her MB!

I'm looking forward to meeting all my new PoHo and Seasonista friends. Who all is going, this year? I need to plan my day trip to be when everyone's there.

I had wanted to go, but... I only have to staff one trade show this year, and it happens to coincide with UWC. So I'll have to read all about it. :(

Ewwwww turkey bacon, vile substance that purports to be better than actual bacon...

I grew up in a kosher house, so there was no bacon, and I learned to love bacon substitutes-- first beef, then the soy stuff, and finally turkey. I no longer keep kosher, but I still have a taste for fakeon.

I had wanted to go, but... I only have to staff one trade show this year, and it happens to coincide with UWC. So I'll have to read all about it. :(

Oh, no!!!

I was looking forward to you being there.

I always meet lots of new people. Sometimes it's like meeting a rock star. Deb -- you will have a great time. You gotta plan on Sat. night for sure. It's my favourite day of UWC.

I reamed out my account about 4-5 weeks ago. Dumped most church people. There was some nastiness surrounding a required step in my preparation for ordination process and my FB posts were brought up in a negative way. I was floored by the whole thing. The thing was - much of what people were saying was that I'm "mean" to people on FB. They read some of the stuff that Tim and I post back and forth to each other. Yeah - we are competition insult partners (well...if there was such a thing). It's a game to us. I told them that before they judge from the outside they should ask to see my private conversations with Tim, which are much different - we're dear friends and know it.

Anyway - I was pissed and then when I calmed down and got rational I made sure my FB activity wouldn't concern them any longer.

Just because you're Christian doesn't automatically make you a good person.
Yep. I set my page to friends only and my friends list is getting smaller and smaller. Mainly Uke friends, family and a few high school friends.

When I got home from my trip to Salt Lake City a bunch of ladies tried to friend me, many of them LDS. I chat with them on a private page we all frequent, but I really don't think they want to see my personal posts. I feel bad about not friending them but we really don't have too much in common.

Oh, no!!!

I was looking forward to you being there.

I always meet lots of new people. Sometimes it's like meeting a rock star. Deb -- you will have a great time. You gotta plan on Sat. night for sure. It's my favourite day of UWC.

I had planned on it. But my daughter has a game that afternoon. I'll just have to see. This is the first year she has games on the weekend. That's why I'm only just now noticing it on the schedule. We just got the schedule a few days ago, and I had not fully looked at it. I'm so use to having a fully open schedule and operating on a whim.

I'm looking forward to meeting all my new PoHo and Seasonista friends. Who all is going, this year? I need to plan my day trip to be when everyone's there.

Friday late afternoon and evening, plus from noon Saturday 'til early Sunday morning is a good bet.

I plan on being all around the area from Wednesday afternoon 'til Sunday some time.
I'm just going for a short time this year. I have done Tuesday early afternoon 'til Monday noon.

I'll be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom