::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naomi enjoys the scary decorations. We went through a haunted house once. But she never wants a scary costume.

Ultimately I am doing this for my kids... But I have no desire to make it scary to the point that a 4 year old doesn't want to come get candy... That's just not my MO...

Can you coax them into a garage with food and call Animal Control?

That's what I am going to do if I see them again. I called animal control. I dont want to lose any more chickens. I also don't want them coming up in naomi when she is outside. I can't let her go outside right now because I think these dogs are still in the corn. My chickens are acting weird. This morning I had 5. Now I have 4.

Ultimately I am doing this for my kids... But I have no desire to make it scary to the point that a 4 year old doesn't want to come get candy... That's just not my MO...

I think a four year old will love it! I think 4 year olds are braver than 6 year olds.

That's what I am going to do if I see them again. I called animal control. I dont want to lose any more chickens. I also don't want them coming up in naomi when she is outside. I can't let her go outside right now because I think these dogs are still in the corn. My chickens are acting weird. This morning I had 5. Now I have 4.

"Hello Mr. Stray Dog, I'm Mr. 12 ga. Have you met my brother, Varmit Rifle? "

I mean, you live on a farm after all.

And who the hell doesn't get their pets fixed now days. Especially if you let them roam.

"Hello Mr. Stray Dog, I'm Mr. 12 ga. Have you met my brother, Varmit Rifle? "

I mean, you live on a farm after all.

Yes, I live in a farm. I can't shoot them. I just can't do it. Especially since I know one is friendly to humans. Some kid may be missing his dogs.

And who the hell doesn't get their pets fixed now days. Especially if you let them roam.

I wonder if these dogs were dumped out here a while back. That happens a lot. People will dump dogs, and leave collars on them..with no tags. This dog had mange or some kind of skin allergy going on. I didn't touch him because of it.

This whole experience, today, has me desiring to get back into rescue work. It doesn't pay much, but it's rewarding. When I was 18, I worked at a humane society and loved it. I did everything, except euthanasia. I loved going on dog rescues. I also did a lot of work in the receiving area (giving shots, nursing animals back to good health. It's very exciting and I always did real good with the animals.

You have a big heart Deb. It might be easier for you to trap them in your coop if its got a door. You can rig a cord somehow to shut the door once they're in there. Put some food like tuna fish and water in there while your chickens are laying low and wait for both of them to go in if you can before you shut the door. They have plenty of time to run out of the garage as soon as they hear the door coming down.

Ive had my neighbors poodle squeeze under the fence and kill 2 of my best chickens. I was heart broken and wanted to drop kick the dog in my pool. When I heard the chickens screaming I ran out and yelled at the dog and he turned and looked at me like "oh you've come to play?" I was so mad! I know how you must feel. Animal control is great!

Tomorrow, the guys I jam with on Saturday mornings and I are going to a local senior center, to see if we can get a larger jam going there. We'll never bring in new players, as long as we're meeting in peoples' homes.

This may expose us to new players, but it may not. I have a feeling the folks at the center will be more interested in "seeing a show" than actually participating. Then again, I've been known to be wrong before....

You have a big heart Deb. It might be easier for you to trap them in your coop if its got a door. You can rig a cord somehow to shut the door once they're in there. Put some food like tuna fish and water in there while your chickens are laying low and wait for both of them to go in if you can before you shut the door. They have plenty of time to run out of the garage as soon as they hear the door coming down.

Ive had my neighbors poodle squeeze under the fence and kill 2 of my best chickens. I was heart broken and wanted to drop kick the dog in my pool. When I heard the chickens screaming I ran out and yelled at the dog and he turned and looked at me like "oh you've come to play?" I was so mad! I know how you must feel. Animal control is great!

Thanks!
That's a great idea! If I catch them in the coop getting water, I will shut them in. The door locks. Or I can try for the garage. Then call Animal Control.

Last edited:
That's a great idea! If I catch them in the coop getting water, I will s** them in. The door locks. Or I can try for the garage. Then call Animal Control.

I know you're upset with them, Deb, but there's no need to get all crappy about it....

I know you're upset with them, Deb, but there's no need to get all crappy about it....

Lol!! I was hoping that I fixed that typo before anyone seen it!!! Oh boy!!! I'm sure that was a visual. Sorry about that!

Speaking of dogs, on the news they just had a story about a canine officer that found a missing toddler. The toddler had wondered off. They found him between two corn fields.

Don, did you get your porch sprinkler system fixed before your trip?

Don, did you get your porch sprinkler system fixed before your trip?

Yes, I did (sort of). The parts I ordered did not arrive in time, but I worked around that, and got it working. The new parts are here, now, so I'll fix it correctly this weekend. The hanging baskets all survived!

I saw the Venus-Jupiter conjunction last night, pretty cool!
It will start moving apart rapidly tonight.
On July 18, there will be another conjunction with Venus, Jupiter, and a crescent moon all very near each other. Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom