::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew, I knew!

. . . and it seems that fat faces cost more :)

The one that fit my mug was $89.00. The last time I bought a mask was for ab diving and it was a rubber one in that old school oval shape. Pretty sure it was $10.00.

Trying to decide if we should buy fins for snorkeling.

We go to Hawaii enough that I don't mind buying the gear, but just wondering if we'll need the fins. I'm thinking if James takes to snorkeling I'll buy them there.

So I read the Oh No Pono thread.

I picture some lonely guy with zero social skills typing away on his keyboard in anonymity seeking attention . . . because any attention is better than being "alone".

. . . and it seems that fat faces cost more :)

The one that fit my mug was $89.00. The last time I bought a mask was for ab diving and it was a rubber one in that old school oval shape. Pretty sure it was $10.00.

I wanna say mine was 60-70. Does it have a purge valve?

We go to Hawaii enough that I don't mind buying the gear, but just wondering if we'll need the fins. I'm thinking if James takes to snorkeling I'll buy them there.

Depends on how good of a swimmer you are, imo. I'm a weak swimmer so I spent about 180 on split fins. It doesn't take much work to really get going with them.

The biggest PITA is that they are heavy, and baggage fees etc. We have a whole suitcase that is just masks, boots, fins, and bathing suits.

I wanna say mine was 60-70. Does it have a purge valve?

Yes it does.

My one and only experience was a week of resort SCUBA in Jamaica. You had to do ten laps around their pool (harder than it sounds) and sit through two hours of all the ways you can die from SCUBA diving.

LOVED it though. Mika is certified so I think when James is old enough he and I might take classes for certification too.

Who needs to save money?

Yes it does.

My one and only experience was a week of resort SCUBA in Jamaica. You had to do ten laps around their pool (harder than it sounds) and sit through two hours of all the ways you can die from SCUBA diving.

LOVED it though. Mika is certified so I think when James is old enough he and I might take classes for certification too.

Who needs to save money?

I enjoy scuba but I'm still not super comfortable doing it. George, of course, loves it. He's so natural. I've never been very comfortable in the water. I'm actually considering taking a beginner swim class to strengthen my (very limited) skills.

Yeah, I'm not so much on saving money. Life is short.

I enjoy scuba but I'm still not super comfortable doing it. George, of course, loves it. He's so natural. I've never been very comfortable in the water. I'm actually considering taking a beginner swim class to strengthen my (very limited) skills.

Yeah, I'm not so much on saving money. Life is short.

That resort course was during my honeymoon on the practice marriage. It was stormy that day and while swimming out to the dive point a wave knocked my mask off and pulled the regulator out of my mouth. I was about to say **** it and then saw my ex duck her head under. DAMN IT!!

After I got my head under water I was fine . . . and loved it. After that course I could easily snorkel down to twenty feet or so. Might have been a bit deeper, I broke one of those disposable underwater cameras because of the pressure.

That resort course was during my honeymoon on the practice marriage. It was stormy that day and while swimming out to the dive point a wave knocked my mask off and pulled the regulator out of my mouth. I was about to say **** it and then saw my ex duck her head under. DAMN IT!!

After I got my head under water I was fine . . . and loved it. After that course I could easily snorkel down to twenty feet or so. Might have been a bit deeper, I broke one of those disposable underwater cameras because of the pressure.

George is very good at the diving while snorkeling too. I can't do it. I think it's terrifying.

We have an Olympus TG1 for dive pics. It's pretty handy. It gets squirrely around 70 feet.

NFD for me today... new furniture today. A bad photoshop of my new family room:

attachment.php

Let me come on over and give that couch the nap test!

Who knew diving masks/snorkel masks were so expensive?

Costco.

If you're just getting them for your trek to Hawaii, Costco sells great adult and kid sets that have everything you need for snorkeling, including dry snorkels that actually work. It has been a long time since I bought them for me and Ben (our last trip to Hawaii was 8 years ago), but they served admirably. My snorkel even had a gadget at the top that sealed when I dove down and popped open again when I surfaced - no water entered at all. Great stuff, good prices. I'm sure a really serious snorkeler would probably turn up the nose, but for a family trip, they're great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom