::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. My kids at school have really been struggling this week. It takes it out of ya!

We work one on one during instructional time. One kid can't deal with being corrected, which is difficult since he has a pretty significant cognitive impairment. (7th grade and we are still learning to write times like "twelve o'clock is 12:00" and doing 2 digit subtraction and addition.

Today I tried a new strategy. I wrote out the problem on my white board, and then he did the problem in his workbook. Then I did the problem out loud on my whiteboard and he "checked my work". If our answers didn't match we would try again. I made mistakes here and there so he could correct me.

It worked pretty darn well. Which is almost a guarantee it won't work tomorrow.

I really enjoy this school. It is for emotionally impaired kids and our classes are small - the one I'm in now has 7 kids - and we have 4 adults plus some that roam around to help out. There are quiet rooms, and even a couple of seclusion rooms (magnet lock doors for if they are violent). We have about a million level one lockdowns per day, which means someone is having a fit out in the hall.

Grading isn't based on academics, really. Like no one will grade the worksheet pages we do every day. They just do periodic assessments. Their daily scores are based on their behavior management for each section of the day. Good behavior earns points, poor behavior earns fines, and they get to spend their points at the school store. Enough plus days equal a plus week. Enough plus weeks in a set period and you can advance a "level". Level one is low and level four means you have your stuff together most of the time. you have to be on level four to even discuss transitioning back to public school.

I love your innovative approach with this kid. It is so hard to find out what a kid "needs", but it is cool you are trying new things and finding things that are working!

I've about had it with my daughter's school, to be honest. They need to do more for the kids that struggle...instead of bragging about how good of a school it is. Tempted to pull my kid out and send her to another school.

We had that in Nolans school. They do a great job with the kids that are doing ok. But they allow way too much bullying to go on and don't know what to do with kids that have out-of-the-box needs. That being said, they are great for my kids with learning disabilities.

I wanna go to the field.....

Hey, anyone wanna buy a ticket to TBUG? I'm tossing mine back. $142 includes t-shirt and if you're a girl you can have my bed spot too.

Just thought I'd let you all have a crack at it before I sell it back to TBUS.

NO SALLY! NO! NO NO NO NO!

No... no... no!

Sally... NOOOOOO!
No!!!

Sally! NO!

Just...

NO!

You cant not go!
Remember JTs?
Remember the fun?

Don't not go...

Go!

Sally... no! You HAVE to!

I was. I wanted to see Aldrine, Sukie, JT, and others but I'm starting to feel guilty. I spent a crapton on travel this year; Indiana, Washington, the cruise, and numerous weekends away with Mike. Airplane tickets are like $600....I've been shopping for months and they're just not coming down.

Last year there was weird for me. I was terribly sick. I wanted to go again but.....it just doesn't feel right. My gut instinct is always right. So, I'm passing on this very coveted ticket to someone whose heart is in it.

No Sally! Nooooooooooooooooo!

Noooo! You will be well!
You will go!
You will love it!

:::sob:::

I am waiting for the sun to come up!

Then I have 3 pallets of boxes to move to my storage container.

They dropped them right by the road. Literally an inch from the road. Luckily no one side swiped them last night. I did the smallest pallet yesterday, but I have 3 more to do. One is way taller than me. And I have to walk them over the uneven soft ground to my storage container. I am going to be sore tomorrow!

The sky in the distance is pink! It wont be long now!

I was. I wanted to see Aldrine, Sukie, JT, and others but I'm starting to feel guilty. I spent a crapton on travel this year; Indiana, Washington, the cruise, and numerous weekends away with Mike. Airplane tickets are like $600....I've been shopping for months and they're just not coming down.

Last year there was weird for me. I was terribly sick. I wanted to go again but.....it just doesn't feel right. My gut instinct is always right. So, I'm passing on this very coveted ticket to someone whose heart is in it.

If I had the money for plane tickets and the time off... I would go in a heartbeat... I want so bad to go to TBUG someday... But not this year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom