::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to the post office to mail my grandgirls their penpal kits. Each gets a handwritten letter from Grandpa (cursive for the older one, printed for the younger one), as well as a pad of paper, a pack of envelopes, a book of stamps, and a pen - everything you need to be a penpal! I even color-coordinated their pads and pens in their favorite colors, pink and purple.

I sure hope they enjoy doing this. I'll be anxiously awaiting the mail each day until their letters arrive....

That is so effin adorable.

You should bring Pops!

Sadly my mom is going to want to go if he goes. I have told him that I will not forgive him if he brings her because she will inevitably ruin it for me. This is my week. I get 1 week a year to just be me. The rest of the 51 weeks I've got to be who I'm supposed to be and those 51 weeks can bite me.

Is it selfish? Yes. Do I have mommy issues? Yes. Do I need to get over it? Yes. But my mom is never going to set foot on the field if I'm there.

Sadly my mom is going to want to go if he goes. I have told him that I will not forgive him if he brings her because she will inevitably ruin it for me. This is my week. I get 1 week a year to just be me. The rest of the 51 weeks I've got to be who I'm supposed to be and those 51 weeks can bite me.

Is it selfish? Yes. Do I have mommy issues? Yes. Do I need to get over it? Yes. But my mom is never going to set foot on the field if I'm there.

And...he slides back into grumpy...

LOL. You do realize that regardless of Macs being overpriced, generally speaking the quality of their hardware tends to be better than their Windows counterparts.

Furthermore, their OS is based off of Unix, and while their ecosystem tends to be closed off, if you know what you're doing you can run most (if not all) Unix applications via terminal. Also most of the standard Unix goodies are built in, so if you're a software developer it makes things a little more convenient. I know you can install the same stuff on Windows it just takes longer.

Also, the hardware combinations are limited, so OS X can actually be tested on known configurations (much like console games) unlike Windows who can't possibly test against all hardware configurations. This results in the OS to be, generally speaking, more stable than it's Windows counterpart. Sure there are bugs on OS X and I agree that there is less excuse for that due to what I stated above. I use Windows exclusively at work, and OS X exclusively at home and I prefer OS X experience to the windows experience due to things for the most part just working.

Bottom line is Macs don't suck. If you think that you're a fool.

Windows doesn't suck either. While I prefer Macs, you'll never hear me say that Windows sucks. I do feel that Windows 7/8 isn't as good of an operating system technically, but this is going to change with Windows 10. Mac is going to have to do something innovative to compete with that.

You know that I don't think that Macs suck... I just wanted to pick fun at Gary... ;)

So today is the "Top Ramen" challenge in my foods class.

They're encouraged to think completely out of the box and keep a college budget in mind.

There's an alfredo sauce made entirely of cream packets from a doughnut/coffee shop and cheese from take out pizza.

Top Ramen crushed into a powder and reconstituted with egg and cornmeal to make "chips" and from there . . . nachos. With packets f Tapatio sauce.

Top Ramen crushed into powder and from that gnocchi. Red sauce made from ketchup packets as the base.

Lettuce wraps; They broke up the top ramen blocks and seasoned them as you would the meat in a PF Chang's lettuce wrap. Looks like bugs on a leaf or lettuce

The last group crushed it into a powder and made "corn dog batter" They don't taste great, but not as bad as you'd think.

Most creative class in a while.

So today is the "Top Ramen" challenge in my foods class.

They're encouraged to think completely out of the box and keep a college budget in mind.

There's an alfredo sauce made entirely of cream packets from a doughnut/coffee shop and cheese from take out pizza.

Top Ramen crushed into a powder and reconstituted with egg and cornmeal to make "chips" and from there . . . nachos. With packets f Tapatio sauce.

Top Ramen crushed into powder and from that gnocchi. Red sauce made from ketchup packets as the base.

Lettuce wraps; They broke up the top ramen blocks and seasoned them as you would the meat in a PF Chang's lettuce wrap. Looks like bugs on a leaf or lettuce

The last group crushed it into a powder and made "corn dog batter" They don't taste great, but not as bad as you'd think.

Most creative class in a while.

This is awesome! That is the most in-class fun since Eric put Jared's sewing project in a container of water and put the whole thing in the freezer!

IPAs are so hoppy so they could make the trip to India and still be drinkable after the sea voyage. I guess the uber-hops mask the skunk smell. I'm not a big time beer drinker, more of a whisky and wine guy. A six pack lasts me a really long time.

Not a fan of IPAs, too hoppy for me. Normally I like stouts, and brown ales. With the weather getting warmer though, I have really been enjoying some Amber ales.

I don't know why either. I've been a little down on my job recently but that's on me (plus it's not new). I guess it's just really busy for me since I have to get everything in place so I can go to UWC next week.

All worth it though. I am looking forward to this year more than others for some reason.

Duh! We're going to have a double wide tent with Tiki torches and awesome!

So I need to rant for a second...

I asked my Mom yesterday if she would watch my kids today so I could clean out my car and prep for UWC (early!) but she couldn't... SO today what does she do? She asks me to watch my niece and nephew tonight until my sister gets home so they can go to their thing that wouldn't allow them to watch my kids... So not only am I not able to clean with my kids, I have to watch my sister's children at my parents house and wait for her to get off work and get home which the way she is will be an hour later than it should be... This means my night is shot :( I'm just frustrated that her and I had already talked about what I wanted to do tonight and now I have no way of doing any of it...

68311_552173384799142_1437230976_n.png

This is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom