::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the sound of pineapple ukes, and I wonder what an 8 string pineapple would sound like.

How many of you folks have 8 stringed ukes and enjoy playing them?

I don't own one, but I've played a bunch, and they sound really cool. I find playing most double-course instruments (12 string guitar, mandolin, 8-string uke) to be sort of fatiguing, from the extra effort of holding down two strings at once.

I don't own one, but I've played a bunch, and they sound really cool. I find playing most double-course instruments (12 string guitar, mandolin, 8-string uke) to be sort of fatiguing, from the extra effort of holding down two strings at once.

I was wondering if playing them was more fatiguing for the fingers. Probably some really sore tips until they build up callouses.

Yesterday, I was out in the rain. Then I had a hard time getting warm.

I was thinking that I'd like to get a rain barrel. I could use the water for my house plants, and whatever. Hubs said that they can be a PITA, but I still want one.
we have buckets in our showers to catch the warm up water. California's dry, dry, dry.

That's a good idea. Do you use that for flushing toilets?

And watering plants.

There's grey water systems you can install. People are getting tickets for over watering their lawns I hear. Drought tolerant native plants are sold out at Home Depot. It's chic to be water wise.

That's a good idea. Do you use that for flushing toilets?

Folks in California are no long allowed to use the toilet. It's been deemed an waste of water. ALL water must be recycled.

Read Dune.

Okay, I'll bite...

Hey guys! What's 4/20?!

420 was supposedly California law enforcement code for a hippie smoking reefer. Whether or not that's true, 420 has become shorthand for toking up, making 4/20 a hallowed day.

Yesterday, I was out in the rain. Then I had a hard time getting warm.

I was thinking that I'd like to get a rain barrel. I could use the water for my house plants, and whatever. Hubs said that they can be a PITA, but I still want one.

Just put a few guppies or goldfish in it to keep the mosquitoes down.

Last edited:
420 was supposedly California law enforcement code for a hippie smoking reefer. Whether or not that's true, 420 has become shorthand for toking up, making 4/20 a hallowed day.

Ah, thanks for expanding my pop culture knowledge.

And also reminding everyone just how much of a square I am.

Here's what Wiki says,
A group of people in San Rafael, California,[2][3] calling themselves the Waldos[4] because "their chosen hang-out spot was a wall outside the school",[5] used the term in connection with a fall 1971 plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop that they had learned about.[4][6] The Waldos designated the Louis Pasteur statue on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 p.m. as their meeting time.[5] The Waldos referred to this plan with the phrase "4:20 Louis". Multiple failed attempts to find the crop eventually shortened their phrase to simply "4:20", which ultimately evolved into a codeword that the teens used to mean marijuana-smoking in general.[6] Mike Edison says that Steven Hager of High Times was responsible for taking the story about the Waldos to "mind-boggling, cult like extremes" and "suppressing" all other stories about the origin of the term.[7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom