::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Rafeal High School, CA, 1971. 4:20 was the end of school when kids gathered to smoke.

Here's what Wiki says,
A group of people in San Rafael, California,[2][3] calling themselves the Waldos[4] because "their chosen hang-out spot was a wall outside the school",[5] used the term in connection with a fall 1971 plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop that they had learned about.[4][6] The Waldos designated the Louis Pasteur statue on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 p.m. as their meeting time.[5] The Waldos referred to this plan with the phrase "4:20 Louis". Multiple failed attempts to find the crop eventually shortened their phrase to simply "4:20", which ultimately evolved into a codeword that the teens used to mean marijuana-smoking in general.[6] Mike Edison says that Steven Hager of High Times was responsible for taking the story about the Waldos to "mind-boggling, cult like extremes" and "suppressing" all other stories about the origin of the term.[7]
what he said. And no, I wasn't there. I would have been 10. I didn't smoke pot until I was 12.

Just put a few guppies or goldfish in it to keep the mosquitoes down.

As long as you don't need water without fish poop!

We've looked at creating cisterns that have 12 volt water pumps on them because we are on a well. When the power goes out the toilets don't flush - unless you've thought ahead a filled a bathtub.

I found a formula a while back that calculates how much water you can collect from your roof. With the rains we get it was a huge amount.

what he said. And no, I wasn't there. I would have been 10. I didn't smoke pot until I was 12.

Ya know, if you all keep this up some feather brained eagle may show up. This sounds like something he'd comment on [breadbox - just for babycarrots].

Time to hit the hydroponic portion of the bunker and see what there is to eat.

Ya know, if you all keep this up some feather brained eagle may show up. This sounds like something he'd comment on [breadbox - just for babycarrots].

Today is herbal smoking day and tomorrow is Leader Board Thread Day.

As long as you don't need water without fish poop!

We've looked at creating cisterns that have 12 volt water pumps on them because we are on a well. When the power goes out the toilets don't flush - unless you've thought ahead a filled a bathtub.

I found a formula a while back that calculates how much water you can collect from your roof. With the rains we get it was a huge amount.

Collect the rain water in collection vessels up on the roof. Then you can use the water for toilet flushing, with gravity feed. No need for batteries, then....

Collect the rain water in collection vessels up on the roof. Then you can use the water for toilet flushing, with gravity feed. No need for batteries, then....

The pitch of our roof is too great, and there is no way I will ever go up on it. So it would have to be located in a place where I can work on it if needed.

Besides, at 8.34 lbs per gallon - you need to have a roof built to handle the weight.

Sounds fun!!! Good luck and keep us posted! How do they judge it? Do they measure it or weigh it?

The cage building was postponed for a day, but we'll get it done after work this evening.

Emma decided she wanted to run a lemonade stand yesterday instead - it was a beautiful, almost hot, day.

She made the lemonade herself - right down to squeezing the lemons. She made a sign and we put together a little stand. She then decided she wanted to donate any money she made to the Doernbecher Children's Hospital here in Portland, so she added that to the sign, too. She and Annie worked the stand for about two hours, sold most of the lemonade, and raised $16 for the children's hospital. That's my girl!

As for the cabbages - the kids weigh and measure them at home and take a picture with them. The kids at school vote on the pictures and the winner goes into a drawing of all the winning entries. She's pretty realistic about her chances to win the scholarship, but the real fun is in growing the cabbage.

The pitch of our roof is too great, and there is no way I will ever go up on it. So it would have to be located in a place where I can work on it if needed.

Besides, at 8.34 lbs per gallon - you need to have a roof built to handle the weight.

Is it a perfect pitch?

Yea I Know they love it we didn't tell them but they remembered where it was stored so we were busted. They had no idea we were gonna take the cover off and take it out. The place went was 20 mins away but just wanted to take it out for a quick riDE after sitting all winter.

Okay - that answers my question. Fun!

The cage building was postponed for a day, but we'll get it done after work this evening.

Emma decided she wanted to run a lemonade stand yesterday instead - it was a beautiful, almost hot, day.

She made the lemonade herself - right down to squeezing the lemons. She made a sign and we put together a little stand. She then decided she wanted to donate any money she made to the Doernbecher Children's Hospital here in Portland, so she added that to the sign, too. She and Annie worked the stand for about two hours, sold most of the lemonade, and raised $16 for the children's hospital. That's my girl!

As for the cabbages - the kids weigh and measure them at home and take a picture with them. The kids at school vote on the pictures and the winner goes into a drawing of all the winning entries. She's pretty realistic about her chances to win the scholarship, but the real fun is in growing the cabbage.

That is so cute! I saw the picture on Facebook! They did a good job!
And that sounds like a fun family project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom