::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cage building was postponed for a day, but we'll get it done after work this evening.

Emma decided she wanted to run a lemonade stand yesterday instead - it was a beautiful, almost hot, day.

She made the lemonade herself - right down to squeezing the lemons. She made a sign and we put together a little stand. She then decided she wanted to donate any money she made to the Doernbecher Children's Hospital here in Portland, so she added that to the sign, too. She and Annie worked the stand for about two hours, sold most of the lemonade, and raised $16 for the children's hospital. That's my girl!

As for the cabbages - the kids weigh and measure them at home and take a picture with them. The kids at school vote on the pictures and the winner goes into a drawing of all the winning entries. She's pretty realistic about her chances to win the scholarship, but the real fun is in growing the cabbage.

Very cool! -On the donation and cabbage!

Speaking of Cheech & Chong, no one caught the reference on post 5545. Oh well.

Yesterday, I was out in the rain. Then I had a hard time getting warm.

I was thinking that I'd like to get a rain barrel. I could use the water for my house plants, and whatever. Hubs said that they can be a PITA, but I still want one.

My wife was talking about a rain barrel the other day, too. They can be huge breeding grounds for mosquitoes, though.

The pitch of our roof is too great, and there is no way I will ever go up on it. So it would have to be located in a place where I can work on it if needed.

Besides, at 8.34 lbs per gallon - you need to have a roof built to handle the weight.

Okay. So, you build a low-ish water tower; lower than your roof, but higher than your toilets. You drain the roof water into the storage tank on the tower, then gravity-feed from the tower to the toilets.

Or, you drain the rainwater from your roof to a cistern on the ground, and then pump it up to a storage tank with a bicycle-driven water pump, and then gravity feed it for use....

The cage building was postponed for a day, but we'll get it done after work this evening.

Emma decided she wanted to run a lemonade stand yesterday instead - it was a beautiful, almost hot, day.

She made the lemonade herself - right down to squeezing the lemons. She made a sign and we put together a little stand. She then decided she wanted to donate any money she made to the Doernbecher Children's Hospital here in Portland, so she added that to the sign, too. She and Annie worked the stand for about two hours, sold most of the lemonade, and raised $16 for the children's hospital. That's my girl!

As for the cabbages - the kids weigh and measure them at home and take a picture with them. The kids at school vote on the pictures and the winner goes into a drawing of all the winning entries. She's pretty realistic about her chances to win the scholarship, but the real fun is in growing the cabbage.

Good girl, Emma! Thanks for helping out the Children's Hospital!!

The pitch of our roof is too great, and there is no way I will ever go up on it. So it would have to be located in a place where I can work on it if needed.

Besides, at 8.34 lbs per gallon - you need to have a roof built to handle the weight.

A pitched roof on a bunker? Or is that just the decoy house that hides the entrance?

That is so cute! I saw the picture on Facebook! They did a good job!
And that sounds like a fun family project!

I had the girls racing around the neighborhood knocking on doors to sell their wares. We love our neighborhood.

ENG 110 College Writing I 3-OR-
ENG 160 College Writing & Research 4
MATH 105 Culinary & Food Industry Math 3
WPE 130 Nutrition for Health 3
COM 210 Fund Professional Com 3-OR-
ENG 112 Business Communication

Notice how English is required for every major? :) I point this out to my students all the time.

I have all the writing credits. I actually am three classes from my BA right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom