::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrestler Ray "Thunder" Stern kept an aerobatic airplane at San Carlos airport. He used to practice his aero routines over the Crystal Springs reservoirs. From interactions at the airport we knew that he wasn't a nice man.

All that airspace is Positive Control now even for VFR traffic. Probably have to go out to Tracy or south of Gilroy to have a practice area.

I have a buddy that practices over Gilroy and Hollister.

The things kids pick up from their friends!

Last night James went 0 for 2 at the plate but had two really solid hits. His second at bat he hit three deep foul balls before lining out to the second baseman.

When he got back to the dugout he called me over and said: "Papa, I battled like a BEAST at the plate! Did you see the foul balls?! I ripped them deep!"

I've never heard him talk like that so it must be the coaches or his teammates.

Great! Smack soon to follow?

BTW we raised my boys calling me Papa. As teens it became Pop. I like it.

There's a Dodge car commercial playing that shows the cars driving on a runway. There are wind generators on a ridge in the background. The airport is Byron, just southeast of Mt Diablo in the Valley (Great Central, not San Fernando).

Are we missing home today?

Will you still come out to the Bay Area? Any other relatives in the area? We never met up.

Great! Smack soon to follow?

BTW we raised my boys calling me Papa. As teens it became Pop. I like it.

My wife and I could never figure out where "Papa" came from. A couple months back we were watching a video from when he was an infant and I was taking him from Mika and I said "come to Papa."

I probably only said that a few times right around the time he was learning to walk and much earlier than he began to talk. It's amazing what they retain.

I would love a sumo by the way.

I remembered one more name I could drop. Remember Mr. Saito from big time wrestiling? Not WWF but the old school stuff with Moondog Mayne, Jimmy Superfly Snuka etc.?

I ran into him at an Obon festival and challenged him to a wrestling match right there. Yeah, not my proudest moment and there might have been a little alcohol involved. He was pretty cool about it. He put my drunk ass in a choke hold until my friend's dragged me away :) They said I was trying to get him to autograph my forehead.

Yeah, not my proudest moment.

My Grandfather was a pro wrestler before those guys, his wrestling name was Pedro Escobar. You can see his stats here: http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bilanzen&wrestler=3617&jahr=1959&monat=2

Wrestler Ray "Thunder" Stern kept an aerobatic airplane at San Carlos airport. He used to practice his aero routines over the Crystal Springs reservoirs. From interactions at the airport we knew that he wasn't a nice man.

All that airspace is Positive Control now even for VFR traffic. Probably have to go out to Tracy or south of Gilroy to have a practice area.

Thats kinda funny you mention Ray Thunder.
sales_image.php

Ray Thunder on the left, Pedro Escobar on the Right. This is from 1953.

Just went to the Occupational Therapist for my cranky thumb - whee!

The good news is she made me a custom brace that gives my wrist motion back and lets me type again at almost full speed while giving my thumb better support! The better news is the new brace is a very dashy, brilliant blue!

The bad news - 4-6 weeks in the thing.

I was just in Santa Cruz, that is considered the central coast, same as Nick. Gary is just east of Santa Cruz. Nor cal really starts at Frisco. Maybe Gary belongs to us and not "them".

We can tell you're not Norcal every time you say "Frisco".

Yes, I think a muffin may be necessary this evening.

Getting a 90 minute massage this morning (there are perks when you work at a massage school and they are short bodies) so that will make for a nice nap.

Is there a special technique for short bodies?

(I know there is for pregnant men and women...)

My wife and I could never figure out where "Papa" came from. A couple months back we were watching a video from when he was an infant and I was taking him from Mika and I said "come to Papa."

I probably only said that a few times right around the time he was learning to walk and much earlier than he began to talk. It's amazing what they retain.

Both Emma and Annie call Sheryl "Mamma". We have no idea where they got that (okay, Annie probably picked it up from Emma). We never used it - but it's awfully cute.

Both Emma and Annie call Sheryl "Mamma". We have no idea where they got that (okay, Annie probably picked it up from Emma). We never used it - but it's awfully cute.

I'm mom, mommy, and mama, depending on who's calling and how bad they want something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom