::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obscure reference nobody will get:

Manxcat.jpg

I got it....:D

Andy,

I am really proud of your weight loss progress. You have embraced a lifestyle change that is not an easy feat. And you are doing something for family. Living longer...

Thanks!!! I feel 1000 times better, it's amazing, I am SO much happier now than I was last year at this time...

Your discussions of UWC are making me sad and jealous. I wanted to go this year, but big stuff got in the way. I have only been once, but it was truly life changing for me. I am closer to some of you here than my own flesh and blood. That trip solidified relationships that were established on line. I would have never believed that was possible. Who in their right mind would make friends with people on line? We would...

If you have not been, go!!! Love you to guys. Enjoy UWC and keep it alive and in your hearts for another year.
Hugs Matt. I completely get your feelings about your wife's childhood home. I am still very emotional about my folks house.

I'm so sorry you can't make it to the field this year. I will see you in Tampa.

At P. F. Chang's last night, I ordered Korean BBQ chicken for dinner. It was a sweet, but spicy, sauce with the chicken and green beans, red peppers and onions. It was very good, but maybe just a bit spicier than I'm used to. No big deal, and I was enjoying it.

Then, in my next bite, I got ahold of something crazy hot; it literally took my breath away. I couldn't speak, even. I ate some rice, drank some water, and it died down. I finished the plate without having that happen again.

What the heck could have been so damn hot in that one bite I took? Some sort of spice? Some kind of hot pepper?
the red peppers you're supposed to eat around.

Weekend plans:

Tonight - wedding of my junior high and high school best friend to his partner of 20 years. I can't even express my joy that they can finally make it "legal". They're a better, more committed couple than almost any other I know - a real testament to love.

Tomorrow - their reception! Hmm. Too many people for me, but it will be fun to celebrate with them.

Sunday - We're playing hookey from church and going to the beach for the day!

Monday - cooking up ribs on the smoker! Yummmmmmmm.
did you decide on a gift. Did my post on FB help at all?

did you decide on a gift. Did my post on FB help at all?

Your post was great! We decided to get them a gift card to a really nice garden center - they have everything they'll ever need, but they love to work in the yard and garden and it's something the whole family can do (they have a daughter and a foreign exchange student too).

I loved the idea of the framed wedding invitation too though - we may enclose the gift card with that.

It's kind of weird because in my mind they've been married all this time - they wear rings and everything. I don't understand how committed love - and they are absolutely perfect examples of commitment and devotion - could not be a Godly thing. They are great role models and examples of how committed people should treat each other and their families. Love sees no boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom