::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the ways you know they are amazing is you pretty much NEVER hear Queen covers.

That being said, I was playing Killer Queen last night. I really wanted to trot it out at UWC last year, and I did play it for Tina (I learned it for her season but never made a video) but it was not quite ready for Prime Time.
I *WILL* get it though!

I am really enjoying using asterisks for emphasis today!

About 12 years ago I was at karaoke with some friends. One of my friends never sang. Well one day she decided to and asked me if I would sing with her. I said sure! Anything to get her up there, right? Well she picked the song. I didn't even know what it was until I got up there. It was Bohemian Rhapsody. I about died. Lol. We had fun with it. And pretty much EVERYONE was singing it...all the parts...and did the famous Wayne's World head bang. I'll never forget it.

A babysitter in 1970 or 1971 took me to a Yes concert when I was 3 or 4. I don't really remember it, but I totally love their music and have since I was little!

I'm not familiar with all their music, but I have The Very Best of Yes cd.

Rafe report:
Friday night: no more seminary!! I can do anything I want!!! Don't know what I want, but I can do it!
Saturday: lunch and shopping with a friend. Then anything I want to do!
Sunday: church and then anything I want to do!
Monday: anything!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

Rafe report:
Friday night: no more seminary!! I can do anything I want!!! Don't know what I want, but I can do it!

WOOHOO!!!!!

Woohoo! Congratulations, MamaJan!

Catholic seminary. You're going to find out. Oh, and there's that nasty presbytery thing. BTW, I agree with you.

PC(USA) General Assembly voted to authorize gay weddings last summer. Whether it passes the votes of the presbyteries is another thing - we'll see. My presbytery will probably vote yes.

I am well aware of the controversy, having represented one side of it within my own congregation a couple of years ago. At that time I learned my local church was a good deal more conservative than I'd previously thought. It was a distressing discovery when a congregation that espouses "Glorify God" as its main function in this world actually shows that to be "Glorify God (unless you're gay)". We almost left over that - but decided if our family can represent God's love of all to the congregation, then maybe at least we would be heard and understood gradually...

Rafe report:

WOOHOO!!!!!

For tonight I recommend whisky and popcorn. (Because tomorrow's lunch isn't till noon.)

PC(USA) General Assembly voted to authorize gay weddings last summer. Whether it passes the votes of the presbyteries is another thing - we'll see. My presbytery will probably vote yes.

I am well aware of the controversy, having represented one side of it within my own congregation a couple of years ago. At that time I learned my local church was a good deal more conservative than I'd previously thought. It was a distressing discovery when a congregation that espouses "Glorify God" as its main function in this world actually shows that to be "Glorify God (unless you're gay)". We almost left over that - but decided if our family can represent God's love of all to the congregation, then maybe at least we would be heard and understood gradually...

Whoa. I take it back - approved by the majority of presbyteries!

What it means is 1) ministers have the discretion as to whom they will marry. Marrying someone of the opposite gender is no longer a prerequisite for a minister to perform the ceremony and 2) sessions (local church governing councils) will have discretion over the weddings performed under their roofs, again, without regard to gender.

In other words - if a minister and the church session approve the performance of the wedding, gender is not a barrier to the wedding being performed at the church under the authority of the pastor.

Love wins. Always. Institutions are so terribly slow to grasp this simple fact. Institutional reluctance makes sinners of us all.

Love wins. Always. Institutions are so terribly slow to grasp this simple fact. Institutional reluctance makes sinners of us all.

Indeed. Of my two dear friends marrying tonight I say this: "If you boldly say God is love, and you see the love these two display for each other, how can you not say their love is not of God?"

For tonight I recommend whisky and popcorn. (Because tomorrow's lunch isn't till noon.)

:D I LOVE popcorn! Never had whiskey. Don't have either on hand and am too tired to go to the store . . .

Oooo! I should get some popcorn tomorrow while I'm out and then watch an old movie this weekend! I'm thinking Robin Hood - the Errol Flynn version! I've watched that over a dozen times but haven't seen it in years. I think it's time to watch it again! Or a Cary Grant movie . . . I love the oldies!

:D I LOVE popcorn! Never had whiskey. Don't have either on hand and am too tired to go to the store . . .

Oooo! I should get some popcorn tomorrow while I'm out and then watch an old movie this weekend! I'm thinking Robin Hood - the Errol Flynn version! I've watched that over a dozen times but haven't seen it in years. I think it's time to watch it again! Or a Cary Grant movie . . . I love the oldies!

Or Gregory Peck. You can't go wrong with Gregory Peck. So suave and dee-bone-air.

Good morning, one and all! Today is Elaine's birthday. We went out to dinner last night to celebrate, as she doesn't eat meat on Fridays, and the restaurants are crowded then. We went to P. F. Chang's. It was delicious! I got her a gift certificate to her favorite garden center, but I still need to get her a nice birthday card to put it in. We'll have dinner at home tonight, but I'm going to get a small chocolate cake for dessert....

Tell your lovely bride happy birthday from me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom