::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I start my new job. The last time I said that was 30 years ago! I should get a better idea of what my schedule will be, today. I'm thinking it may interfere with some of my leisure activities, but it is what it is.

This should be interesting....

"Takin what they're givin cuz I'm working for a livin . . . "

Musical Instrument Museum is great. The whole thing is arranged geographically, continent by continent. You can see how instruments and style of music changed as they moved through regions. I saw the Gilet guitar in the Australia section (Beau Hannam was one of the builders). There's a nice Martin exhibit on building. All the ukes are Kamakas except for a Kumalae, a vintage Martin style 3 soprano, and the Tahitian ukes. None of the instruments in the experience gallery are in tune so that's a pain. Jake has an exhibit and one of his Kamakas is there. Coolest thing I saw is the handwritten lyrics to Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. I loves me some cultural artifacts.

I'm having a weird Monday. Normally, I have a ton of housework to recover from the weekend. Well, it's already done, and it feels odd. Enjoyable, but odd.

In an online class all week. Won't be here much. This is a class for work, and as it turns out...not so fun.

Naomi was practicing on my Mainland. Then she said she liked this uke better than her own, and that I wasn't getting it back. Lol. I said, "Nice try!"

I did tell her that she could use it for her uke club, this year. She got real excited. I've been slowly saving for another Mainland. I just can't get the red cedar one out of my head.

Woke up a little late. Had to take care of the dog and then jump on a meeting. Made coffee and ate some breakfast. It's about 10:30 am. I should probably think about heading to the office.

I'm so glad I have flexible hours. I'd have been fired a long time ago if I had to come in by a set time. I can't seem to get moving in the morning...

Woke up a little late. Had to take care of the dog and then jump on a meeting. Made coffee and ate some breakfast. It's about 10:30 am. I should probably think about heading to the office.

I'm so glad I have flexible hours. I'd have been fired a long time ago if I had to come in by a set time. I can't seem to get moving in the morning...

OH MY GOSH, ME TOO! I forgot about the training and was 1/2 hour late - doing it from the office for the better internet connection and the lack of demanding children. But yeah - I roll into the office when I feel like it, get the work done, roll out when I'm done. Sometimes it's late, sometimes it's early.

OH MY GOSH, ME TOO! I forgot about the training and was 1/2 hour late - doing it from the office for the better internet connection and the lack of demanding children. But yeah - I roll into the office when I feel like it, get the work done, roll out when I'm done. Sometimes it's late, sometimes it's early.

Exactly. I don't think I can survive being on a time card.

Actually I'm sure I could. It's just nice not to have to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom